Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I can't think of an excuse for posting this…
  • grumm
    Free Member

But I just got some new forks for my Pitch – been out for my first ride on them today and it feels bloody awesome! Wish I had bought them before I did the Mega (though I would probably have broken them).

I have to say they feel in a different league from the Pikes, plusher and stiffer – I launched myself off drops I would previously have rolled tentatively – yay!

markd
    Free Member

36's are indeed pretty nice.

slimtubing
    Free Member

I can't get my head around what I don't like about pitches, i don't wish to offend but there's something not right about the top tube IMO. what do they ride like?

racefaceec90

very nice!!!could you recommend one as an all day bike?

mikey74
    Free Member

I assume they slacken the HA by a degree or so: How does it climb?

grumm
    Free Member

No offence taken – I think she's quite the looker personally 🙂

Yup I use it as an all-day bike – have done stuff like Helvellyn and High Street on it. It climbs fine – good rear wheel traction – obviously it's not the lightest but then I already weigh 16 stone so it's not really an issue. It feels amazing on the descents though – especially steep rocky stuff. Not quite so good at slow twisty stuff with the slack head angle.

mikey74 – it was a little more wandery on the climbs but not much. It also seems to track better over small bumps etc which made up for it a bit.

racefaceec90

ahh cheers!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I can't think of an excuse for posting this…’ is closed to new replies.