Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I need a new printer, any recommendations?
  • si-wilson
    Free Member

My old all in one printer died today so looking to replace. It does not have to be an all in one, as long as it can print good photo's, doesn't cost a fortune in ink and is around £100..

Any ideas?

mudpup
    Free Member

Always found Canon printers pretty good

yamyambiker
    Free Member

Using a Canon MP610 at the moment (there's no doubt an updated model available now), which retailed at under £100 at the time and is pretty good. Got a slight issue with printing from Photoshop with it (banding) but I reckon thats more software than hardware.

Produces some pretty good quality photo prints and handles general printing and scanning duties well. Happy with it and the updated models are undoubtedly as good – I searched around at the time of purchase and read loads of reviews and the Canon came out on top in my book.

flipiddy
    Free Member

Brother MFC-465CN – An excellent all in one printer, fax, copier, scanner – I'm a designer so need reasonable results when at home, this fits the bill and at the price it is an absolute steal…the 4 colour ink cartridges are a decent size and can be replaced for not much wedge.

Had a Canon MP series all in one before that was a big disappointment as the paper feed kept screwing up.

yamyambiker
    Free Member

No problems with paper feed on mine (as yet) 🙂

TheBear
    Free Member

Canon or Brother.

Although Canons become more expensive to run with every model they release. They are very good machines though.

Brother seem to be decent quality, cheap to run and reasonable to buy these days.

Take a look at the MP640, bit over budget but it looks like a good machine or for slightly cheaper the MP560.
    For Brother take a look at the DCP585cw, think you can pick them up for around £80.

I have 3 Canon printers in my house. MP610, IP4200, IP3000. They have been reliable and good quality but Canon have really started pushing the cost to run up. You get about half as much ink as two years ago for the same price, which is a big disappointment.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Don't get a lexmark if you use a mac. My wife's work supplied her with a 3 in 1, fax, photo copier , printer. It isn't compatible with any mac's..

sadexpunk

flipiddy, i tried that link. out of stock but suggests it at other places including a link. but……the link takes you to a labelmaker or something.

any idea where you can still get that model in stock?

cheers

spooky_b329

Saw an advert last week from one of the major printer companies…seems they have/are about to introduce a new range of printers with much much cheaper cartridges. Must be a catch, maybe the printers cost more (?) but must be worth a bit of googling.

The-Badger
    Free Member

I've also got a Cannon MP610, bought after research online it appeared to be one of the best and cheaper to run than most.
    Slightly disapointed with how long the ink lasts but overall close to top marks if you can get one – i understand the later models are more expensive to run…

mattythemod
    Free Member

I just bought a Cannon mp190 from tesco for 29 quid , for ocaasional printing its the bees knees , spare cartridges seem to run for 11 quid !!

flipiddy
    Free Member

flipiddy, i tried that link. out of stock but suggests it at other places including a link. but……the link takes you to a labelmaker or something.

any idea where you can still get that model in stock?

Try this one…ridiculously cheap deal for the Brother printer at £79, which includes 4 whole replacement sets of cartridges…

retro83
    Free Member

Hp c4580. Now have 4 of them in my family. Really good, highly recommend them. They rrp at a hundred quid but you can often pick them up for 50 at tesco or staples. It does scanning/photocopying and is wireless too. Also it can use hp super duper 6 colour ink if you're printing high quality photos

Cannon would have to bring something amazing and bargainous to lure me back now:(

Andituk
    Free Member

Just bought an Epson SX515W on impulse in Tesco for £80 (was looking for ink, but they didn't have the right one, so I got an upgraded printer instead 😆 ) and I'm amazed by how good it is, and the wifi is very convenient. Been printing everything in sight since 😆

cp

Canon ip4700..

the ip range has been in the pcpro a-list for ages – i've got one from a couple of years ago, and they are very very good.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/alist/inkjet

TheBear
    Free Member

Hp c4580. Now have 4 of them in my family. Really good, highly recommend them. They rrp at a hundred quid but you can often pick them up for 50 at tesco or staples. It does scanning/photocopying and is wireless too. Also it can use hp super duper 6 colour ink if you're printing high quality photos

Cannon would have to bring something amazing and bargainous to lure me back now:(

Really? HP 350 and 351, expensive to run, average photo quality, although slightly cheaper if you get the XL versions. The 348 "Photo" cartridge is a complete waste of time in my opinion.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Thanks all, got something to go with there me thinks!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I need a new printer, any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.