Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • I think I killed my Pegasus :-(
  • andyl
    Free Member

Nasty.

That will keep cracking so don’t use it. It is still fixable as long as it doesnt spread.

I would probably cut out the damage to remove the stress concentrations and then gusset over the damage.

thekingofsweden

Sounds like your sorted wouldn’t let anyone bodge such a lovely frame in there lunch hour ffs !
    Top singular service as usual oh and the shop tour and polo shirt are worth the effort :-))

TheGingerOne

I feel your pain. Did the same to my Yeti ASR a couple of years back. The rock hit my frame so close to the weld that it also cracked the weld. Luckily I could claim on my house insurance.

Surprised you did that on the Dame Alice descent as it is not a very flinty trail compared to many of the hills nearby. I always view it as a potentially muddy trail rather than flinty one.

mountainman123
    Free Member

Well if i was you id be glad it hit the frame, because if it damaged the Ti frame that bad, just think what would have happened if it had missed and hit you in the shin!! 😯

Frankers
    Free Member

Nothing that a splat of Araldite won’t fix!!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Quick update. I stripped the bike & took it down to Enigma today for repair. Nice & quick and only £90 all in. Built it back up this afternoon & went for a night ride with buddies this evening. All good, hurrah 😀

P20

Hope thats it sorted for you. At £90 its definitely worth trying.

psychle
    Free Member

Nice work, sure that’ll be fine. Glad they could sort it for you! 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

cheers I hope so too. Repair isn’t guaranteed of course, but fingers crossed it’ll be ok. If it does fail then I’m looking at a new downtube for a few hundred quid.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice job. I hope your lefty hub bolt is still going strong 8)

rOcKeTdOg

why is there still a hole in it?

andyl
    Free Member

is that blue I see around the middle of the weld along the interface to the downtube? Blue is not good.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘I think I killed my Pegasus :-(’ is closed to new replies.