Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,758 total)
  • I think I'm about to be diagnosed with cancer, and I'm fairly scared.
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

PICTURES!!!…

further to the requests…….

To anticipate a couple of questions…
    1. Mark is the one in the suit…… 😀
    2. StAudries is the venue – Quantocks regulars will know it…

TimP
    Free Member

Not too much I can add that hasn't been said before. It really has put all my little problems into perspective. All the best in fighting this

I too am in Brighton (just moved down) and would love to join a gentle ride around the area (although not if it is like is was this morning!)

Oh and great photos!

grazedknees
    Free Member

Beautiful moments captured on film- gorgeous!

knottie8
    Free Member

Great photos ! we need more please.

surfer
    Free Member

Fantastic photos, best of luck to you both!

Pigface
    Free Member

Great to see these pictures.

Mark you look great, Dude dont let your mind lose a fight in the battle your body is going to win.

nonk
    Free Member

thats what i thought pigface. big strong healthy dude and his hot mrs in them photos and no mistake.

willard

Absolutely wonderful!! Looks like a truly beautiful day for both of you!

lowey

Fantastic pics. Raise a glass to you both.

sv

Looks like you had a fab day.

iDave
    Free Member

you could at least have shaved on your wedding day?

at least Mark made an effort though 😉

4130soul
    Free Member

Hi Mark,

i've just been reading your threads, i've got to say, your a brave man, keep up the hard work, it's all you can do.
    i saw your post about waking up at 3am and watching medical related tv, my friend has just gotten over breast cancer and she was the same, the only problem was that she was going through chemo etc at the same time as saint Jane Goody, this was good in one way as it was something she could really relate to but on the other hand it was also media-whoring at its worst and was not good for her morall.
    i had just been reading Lance Armstrongs 'it's not about the bike' and passed this over to her to read as i found it to be one of if not the most inspirational thing i have ever read.
    we all know about Lance and his battles on and off the bike but this had me in tears the whole way through.
    Once she read it it was like a breath of fresh air, it didnt solve any problems but made her realise that she was not alone and that there are people out there who are willing to fight for what they want.
    im glad to say that she is well on the way to recovery.

Im not saying that this book was in any way the cause of her beating cancer but i know that this book helped her understand that fear is natural and that we have to fight to survive (sorry about the cheese)

I would like to offer you my copy of this book as a gift to you for getting this far and being someone who is looking forward. (email me your address if you want it, addy in profile)

Also when i was 18 i had a cerebral haemorrage (stroke)…while riding my bike.
    i lost all use of the left side of my body as well as use of speech.
    i could not move or talk but when the ambulance came the most important thing on my mind was to make sure my bike was safe, the first words i managed (badly) was to take my bike home.
    the one thing that i had to drive me forward, the one thing that i had as a goal was getting back on my bike and riding again.
    it took over three months of learning to walk, talk, wriet and everything again. but that first moment on a bike was like switching on a light, i was back to being me.
    it may have taken a long time to get back to fitness but being on a bike again was a sign that i had taken control of my life.

i hope that when you get on your bike again you feel as much joy as i did, just remember to take it easy.

i don't really know you, and like a lot of people who have posted on your thred, i doubt i will ever meet you.
    but i am glad to have gotten to know you and i wish you all the best in your life

be strong my friend

4130Soul (and all the STW masses)

woody2000

Getting a bit dusty again….

<sniffs>

😀

Suggsey
    Free Member

Looks like you and meg had a fantastic day keep up the fight, there are thousands of us out here who regularly read the update of how you two are doing and are all thiking of you and being inspried by the way you are handling the situation. May you both have very many happy years of marriage ahead.

Bunnyhop

Mmmm the bedside manner of some (not all) doctors eh!
    It's great to see you went in there fighting and ready to face them.

As for the wedding photos – what can I say, beautiful, happy happy pictures.
    Considering Meg chose that dress in 90 minutes it's a stunner. I suppose you could shop for weeks but when you find the right frock, that's the one.

Once again a big hug from us all in the bunnyhop household.
    xx

zaskar
    Free Member

Nice pics & congrats 😀

therealhoops
    Free Member

over a thousand posts for 4 pics!!!! Next time you can't sleep, go and stick some more up. Your audience demands more 🙂

blah blah all the best blah blah 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

Great pics guys, looks like it was a great day.

I look forward to meeting you for that bike ride as soon as your ready,,,, only just not in the same conditions as we have on the south coast today 😉

ART

You see I'm not a fan of weddings, but those pics – they are fab. You both look brilliantly happy, nearly as happy as STW is that they are finally up!

Well done, hold on to the memory of how good you two obviously felt on that day, and continued good vibes to you both. 🙂

thefallguy
    Free Member

Great to finally see some photos, looks like a perfect day, Meg looks beautiful and Mark you look so well, you can beat the damn thing. Here's to you both, Cheers x

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow you both look fantastic!!
    wipes tear

Meg, you look beautiful and Mark you look every bit as strong as your posts on here have shown you to be. Love and healing wishes to you both XX

TN
    Free Member

Wow, stunning photos. 🙂
    Think there's some dust floating round at TN Towers too…

tankslapper
    Free Member

Really nice man!

Tank

xx

woodsman
    Free Member

Coolio – both or you!

Mark, you're looking a bit like the guy from the 'New Avengers' (not the curly haired one or the old bloke) in the walking down the stairs pic! 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Nice shots and looks like you had a great day.

Keep strong

noteeth
    Free Member

Aww, great stuff. 😀

forge197
    Free Member

Great Pictures

theotherjonv

BLOODY DUST!

Mark, whatever happens from here on in, after that day and with a wife as wonderful and beautiful as Meg you know you've already won first prize in the lottery of life.

Now just make sure you win it by a big distance.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Wow, stunning, stunning pictures. You both look amazing and so happy. We need more!

Brooker99
    Free Member

Wow, what can I say. Been away from this thread for too long.
    Your attitude continues to be both humbling and amazing.
    The photos of the wedding look great – I/we love the groom's speach one – Meg looks so happy.
    All the best for your continuing treatment. Keep fighting and keep positive.
    Our thoughts are with you.
    Dave (and now Jenny too)

squin
    Free Member

F*ck-Me, you look as strong as an Ox Mark! Are you really just pulling our legs with what you've been going through lately. Those pics are brilliant and you both look amazing.

Right, let's start planning the 1st Wedding Anniversary party – we're all coming you know 😉

We're all still sending you positive energy.

Keep smiling both of you.

Stu.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Total stars, the pair of you! 😀
    Right! When's this post wedding stag do in Yorkshire??

teachermcnic
    Free Member

Firstly, you both look lovely and I say that as a non-soppy fella. Secondly, isn't is great to have real, actual photo evidence showing mark NOT in shorts.
    Aidan still thinks Meg is a princess (see dress). Mark, the four year old defeated you with swords but if it makes you feel any better he has just out balanced me on the Wii. 5 times.

Diane
    Free Member

Beautiful pictures! And Mark you look so well!! Amazing, keep up the good work. Thinking of you x

tails
    Free Member

those photos look great are you sure your ill?? or have i missed out on the punchline. Anyway if you are ill i'm sure you'll be reet good soon. YOU CAN DO IT!!

clareymorris

FAB
    U
    LOUS 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

teachermcnic – I wondered how long it would take you to pop you combined heads up on here! You'll be pleased to know that the card from the Park lot contained just a card and thankfully no underwear!!

Thanks for all the messages about how good Meg looked at the wedding. And thanks for the begrudging messages about how I look 'alright'…!

Back to business;

I went for my third chemo session at the Marsden yesterday. After the bloods were taken, and I'd performed my obligitory 'please sit here and wait whilst other people come in, get treated and leave before you' session I was finally sent through to start my treatment.

After having my premeds (steriods, piriton), which were higher than normal due to my allergic reation last week, the Paclitaxel (Taxol) was to be delivered at half the rate of last week, over two hours. Lo and behold, after ten minutes of delivery, I had another allergic reaction and the treatment was stopped. Cue several nurses umming and ahhing, and the calling for the oncologist.

After a polte argument about other techniques for delivery (according to her, very few; "You can come in as an in-patient Mr Fradgley, we'll flood your system 24 hours beforehand and hope that you don't have an allergic reaction")she stated that the drug wasn't actually the issue; apparently its the dye/liquid that they use in conjunction with the Paclitaxel that causes the reaction. So I argued that maybe they should replace that element instead. She and her team were obviously pretty exasperated with their non-conformist patient and retreated to the nurses station to talk.

Now heres the strange bit.

I'm on the list for approval for a drug called Caelyx. Apparently ts pretty difficult to get, and costly, so the Royal Marsden Team have to apply to my local PCT to pay for it before they can deliver it. We were informed originally that the state of play would be to have the Paclitaxel for 6 weeks, and by that time the Caelyx would hopefully be available, but both drugs would be used in conjunction with each other.
    We've been waiting to hear about the Caelyx for ages, but with no news.

The oncologist walks out of the nurses station with a big smile, puts here hand on my shoulder and declares that unbelievably, the approval for the Caelyx has been approved and they can start next week with no more need to take the Paclitaxel.

I smell a rat. It's all a little to convenient for me. I cause a problem, ask too many questions and all of a sudden the drug that we'd specifically asked to be informed about the second it was approved miraculously comes on the scene? And I no longer need the Paclitaxel, even though they set it out in the original treatment? Hmmmmmm…….

There are apparently other ways in which Paclitaxel can be delivered without this dye/liquid. The oncologist must know this, yet nothing was said. Has anyone out there had other similar experiences? I need to know; I'm going to phone the hospital today and discuss. It seems that they actively encourage patients not to ask questions that are difficult to answer….

By the way, you all look lovely today.

Mark

maxray
    Free Member

Mark you truly are an inspiration. Keep on fighting!

Coyote
    Free Member

On the other hand, you are getting the drug now…

Looking at the pics above you should be able to frighten the disease!

Good luck, keep fighting and look after Meg.

Spongebob
    Free Member

And thanks for the begrudging messages about how I look 'alright'…!

No Mark! People are being honest. You do look very well! The irony of it eh.

Great photos which clearly convey your happy day.

The best of luck to you both!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,758 total)

The topic ‘I think I'm about to be diagnosed with cancer, and I'm fairly scared.’ is closed to new replies.