Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,514 total)
  • iDave diet, who done it?
  • spacemonkey

lso going to totally stop snacking on cashews, carrots and humous and reduce my general in take of fat

I heard this week that raw carrots are good (as one might suspect), but cooked carrots release a whole load of sugars. If so, does that mean cooked carrots are of the menu?

ART

So this thread is officially fantastic … class meandering and still the flat bread lives! 😀 Anyhow, I think I may have to join in at some point in the very near future. Have been veggie for years – so pulses and variations on all things pulse and non-wheat grain are my staple diet but I do love all things carb so I’ve effectively been kinda trying to do iDave lite for a while by eating lots less pasta/rice/bread etc. FYI – for compliant recipes it’s worth looking up the ‘Cooking without’ books by Barbara Cousins.

Anyhow couple of Qs for the iDave tribe:
    – am assuming unsweetened soya milk is Ok being non dairy and wheat free?
    – Breakfast 😕 ? yes i know, but apart from boiled eggs am not a fan of really savoury stuff first thing and quinoa porridge is rubbish (plus the poor Peruvian peasants are suffering cause their staple food got all popular in the isles of Waitrose)
    – I don’t wanna shed loads and loads, probably around 4kgs to get me from 64 to 60 ish, but I need it to be all fat that goes 😀 what I’ve found in the past is that I do 3-4lbs ish and then I get stuck/ disheartedned and give up. Motivate me!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My top tip for the day…

Don’t practice manuals on tarmac whilst wearing SPDs.

frogger
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti

My top tip for the day…

😀 don’t practice manuals wearing SPDs period! 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

😐

philconsequence
    Free Member

BigJohn

Did Dave actually confirm (from a few pages back) that Donuts were OK? Being nuts and that.

iDave
    Free Member

I can neither confirm nor deny anything donut related

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gram flour donuts are in…they can be rolled in ground dried sweetbeans.

Haggis is in.

Tofu is in.

Quorn is in.

molgrips
    Free Member

Right, I tried making those roasted chickpea snacks.

Are they meant to come out crunchy? Mine didn’t. They are chewy on the outside and soft in the middle.. taste ok but not particulary snacky.

iDave
    Free Member

Dunno about snacky things but it’s **** impossible getting gram flour in Geneva

Good job they have wine instead

molgrips
    Free Member

Impossible to get it here either. I asked my parents to import it, failing that I’ll take up Solo’s offer 🙂

Are you there for work then or what dave?

iDave
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll be here 2 weeks per month with work which is brilliant. Fantastic place, lots of opportunities, great roads, great trails, big hills to ride up, bars and very nice people and a lake to swim in – just need to overcome the cost of living being extortionate.

molgrips
    Free Member

Jammy git!

Not to mention skiing in the winter…

oddjob
    Free Member

Tried to make some gram flour last week as I can’t get it here either. Epic fail.
    Hours wasted, big mess made, nothing to eat at the end of it.

iDave
    Free Member

Spotted an Asian supermarket this morning, going to try there later for Gram flour

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

*jealous of idave*

I’ve had the bestest long weekend of road riding, climbing, running, good coffee and cooking up enough quorn chilli to feed me for ages :-). And I’m off again today…sitting outside a cafe with coffee listening to ladyhawke *content.* 8)

Thanks solo for the recipe, reckon I need to put in another tin of toms though as it wasn’t quite saucy enough.

Jamie
    Free Member

sitting outside

Pissing it down in murky East Anglia/Midlands 😐

iDave
    Free Member

Another gorgeous day here in Genevashire

Sitting in an office though – for at least another 20 minutes…

molgrips
    Free Member

Sitting in an office further along the Alps, also a lovely day. Have bike tho.

Jamie
    Free Member

Think I might have to man up and go for a run in the rain…..

After the weekend of cake eating I have done, it is probably vital. 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A run sounds good. None of my kit bar my trainers fits anymore 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

A run sounds good. None of my kit bar my trainers fits anymore

Given the last few weeks, I am glad my shorts are elasticated.

/procrastinates on youtube

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YErZ5GjOyas[/video]

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Anyhow couple of Qs for the iDave tribe:
    – am assuming unsweetened soya milk is Ok being non dairy and wheat free?

– Breakfast ? yes i know, but apart from boiled eggs am not a fan of really savoury stuff first thing and quinoa porridge is rubbish (plus the poor Peruvian peasants are suffering cause their staple food got all popular in the isles of Waitrose)

http://thehealthyskeptic.org/9-steps-to-perfect-health-1-dont-eat-toxins

Near bottom of that article there’s some information on soy and some links to research on it. I avoid it as best I can.

For breakfast I generally knock up a three egg omelette, it takes some time but you will get used to savoury in the morning just got to try it really.

oddjob
    Free Member

Good clip Jamie.
    That workout would destroy me after about 5 minutes. Impressive stuff.

Jamie
    Free Member

I hopefully would be ok on the workout…..and while I would die trying, would love to do the goal of the workout.

http://toughmudder.com/ ….or the UK equivalent Tough Guy events.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Polenta?

matt_bl
    Free Member

Day 3 and all going well, haven’t been on the scales, but have been out on my bike!

What are you guys having for snacks, in the past it would be fruit or something like low fat yoghurt, so I’m a bit stumped?

Matt

allthepies
    Free Member

Polenta?

Bless you.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just don’t snack.

If can’t manage that it’s nuts, but eating too many of those stalled my weight loss very effectively…

iDave
    Free Member

IME you should be eating enough and drinking enough water not to feel a need for snacks.

BigJohn

Fantastic place, lots of opportunities, great roads, great trails, big hills to ride up, bars

Ah yes, the famous red wines of Switzerland 😕

iDave
    Free Member

the red wines are actually great – it is the rhone valley here – just too expensive for the rest of the world. spent saturday on a vineyard crawl. hic. great merlot and cabernet for a start.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

polenta is out, i asked that a few days ago and also found out sweetcorn is out. still smarting on that latter point.

My top tip for the day…

i could’ve told you that, even worse don’t try to pop a manual over a speed cusion. i did last winter one night. the impact destroyed the back of my saddle, bent a thomson seat post and put the largest blackest bruise on my rump i have ever had.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

idave… in case its of use article in local paper yesterday reckons 2009 beujolais are stunning, best vintage for 30years apparently, and can be bought very cheap. they said best value was one from morrisons at 4quid.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just chopped and fried an onion and garlic, with some curry powder and plenty of salt. Added a tin and a half of these brown lentils (linsen) you get in Germany, then a tin of toms. Simmered for about 15 mins and it’s way way nicer than I thought it was going to be. Very tasty 🙂

BigJohn

Take away curry for everybody at our house last night.

I just had extra popodoms (lentil flour) instead of rice or naan, and red wine instead of beer and it was good.

I had to swerve to avoid the pineapple in the king prawn dansak though.

molgrips
    Free Member

John, just order dahl as a side instead of rice perhaps? Poppadoms are quite fatty.

Indian is probably the best place for an iDave meal out I reckon.

BigJohn

I hear that certain recreational cigarettes can produce a phenomenon called “the munchies”. Is this an insulin spike related thing?

So should this kind of activity be reserved for the 7th day?

molgrips
    Free Member

I suspect not, BigJohn 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,514 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet, who done it?’ is closed to new replies.