Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 775 total)
  • iDaves Diet Plan Members…
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Alright guys well today I went a shopping and purchased a lot of foods to follow the idave diet from the other thread.

I got a load of food and will embrace the diet for 3 weeks no matter what!

Im 23, 5ft11 and 12 stone 3 this morning (un hydrated) so Im guessing Im 12stone5ish hydrated

I wont be keeping a daily record unless a few members on here want meal tips or portion sizes but I will do a weekly weigh in.

It'd be cool if anyone else on here who is doing it could post it all here so we have a place to come to and see who'd died or sacked it off or lost weight and feels amazing.

had my first green pepper and chorizo omelette and loads of water and fresh coffee / peppermint tea and will have a chicken breast, broccoli and asparagus tonight

lets see how it goes!
    Al

Solo
    Free Member

Yeah, I'm going to give it a go, just through curiosity.

I'll struggle on breakfast, as I won't eat eggs, so still scratching my head about that one.

Lunch was soup I made, I make a batch up and it sees me through lunchtimes during the week.

Stir-fry or salad tonight, baring in mind the does-n-don'ts, as mentioned by iDave.

I'm off now to find more meal suggestions which will comply with the guidelines.

I hope we enjoy it, cos if not, we'll never incorporate it into our daily diets.

🙂

3 weeks ?, PAH !, easy, one day done already 😉

S

alexxx
    Free Member

Nice Solo, whats in your soup? I'd also be interested in what goes in your stir fry! 😀

Shame about the eggs as I think thats whats going to make it for me
    good idea about the soup for the week, I'll do that tonight 😀

sc-xc

I start Thursday after I have been shopping tomorrow. Will weigh in before work.

I don't eat meat or fish, so am hoping veggie alternatives will be OK. I guess soya milk is OK as it is non dairy, so can have a protein shake after the gym.

Salad is OK (apart from tomato)??

ton

i fancy this, can someone tell me about it please.

alexxx
    Free Member

emailed you mate 🙂

What salad are you thinking of Barry but yes more than likely 🙂

I want to know if salad dressings are ok or is there a chance theres a fair bit of stuff in them thats not allowed?

sc-xc

my salads are usually: lettuce, onion, cucumber, tomato, radish, gherkin, pickled onion, beetroot, chilli, pepper…with something quorn. All cut up very small and smothered in balsamic vinegar.

A good soup is leek, onion, carrot, chilli & swede…but I guess swede is off the menu?

I reckon steer clear of the salad dressings…

MrBlond
    Free Member

I'm thinking about it…

I *think* this may just scrape through the rules – surely (a little) lemon juice doesn't count as fruit?

http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe_detail.aspx?rid=132

alexxx
    Free Member

yeah salad sounds fine (well i hope so as i bought all those ingredients :D)

totally forgot quorn exists! good shout

alexxx
    Free Member

I thought you were thinking Gin and Tonics Mr Blond! is Gin allowed and Vodka? or are they too sugary or contain carbs? I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to this so im only eating what gets verified first if in doubt 😀

alexxx
    Free Member

God those steaks look good and the white bean mash sounds awesome!

Does anyone know if pearl barley is ok?

allthepies
    Free Member

yum

Solo
    Free Member

Soup varies around the following:

2Ltr pan, filled to about 2/3 with veg, mostly onion but including some chopped leak, carrot, garlic, garden peas, etc, you get the idea.

Very little olive oil, like 10-15ml on a low heat to gently fry the onions and other veg till it starts to soften. Important not to use much oil cos if you do, it will seperate and float to the top when the soup is cool and in its seperate containers. Its Ok, but doesn't look good, so minimum oil.

So once the veg is slightly softened I add about 1.5Ltr of water, leave about an inch from the top edge of your pan, as you will bring it to a light simmer.

After this, I add 2 or 3 Kalo, very low salt, veg stock cubes.

I sometimes add a tuna steak, or hadock fillet, chopped, and usually add fresh chilli, finely chopped.

Bring to a simmer, you judge when its had enough, but usually no longer than 10-15 mins, just keep an eye on it and make sure the meat, if you add any, is cooked through, etc.

When its still warm, but not hot, I decant the soup into lock-n-lock 800ml containers as they fit in my bag for work. They're not full, I just dish it out equally and I guess I'm having about 500ml of soup for lunch. By the time they're cooled a slight vacuum has formed inside.
    I stand them in the fridge and grab one on my way out the door to work in the AM.

I think thats the soup.

Stir fry:
    About one onion per person (depending on the size of the onion), chopped, one carrot, half a pepper per person, a few stalks of celery, all finely sliced or chopped, oh, and some chilli, if thats your thing. Maybe some garden peas too.

Again, only about 15ml of olive oil, gently fry the veggies

I usually add a fillet of haddock, or a few rashers of bacon, chopped, bacon has its fat removed.

Cook veggies and meat together, I add a dash of white balsamic vinegar and some fresh ground black pepper, then once I can see the meat is cooked through, I add the beansprouts and wait until they've reached my preferred state of cooked.

All this is done on a relatively low heat. Using hi heat just rushes things and means I'm more likely to burn stuff 😛

Serve in a bowl, dress with a few splashes of soya-source, low salt, of course.

I hope this is Ok by iDave…

I think this complies with what iDave has described.

I'm going to resarch more recipes using pulses/legumes.

I can source wild venison and other game meats, but I prefer fish.

For me, following iDave's advice will mainly mean cutting out the white carbs, bread, pasta, potatoes.
    I haven't eaten much fruit recently, just got out of the habit of doing so, so thats not an issue.
    I do really like cheese, but its not a global-killer for me not to eat it, so no dairy should be Ok with me too.

I'm not anticipating that this will be difficult, and as iDave points out, there is still one day in 7 when you can eat what you want.
    Cool !.

Lets see how this works out 🙂

S.

EDIT: Wow !, quite a few posts since I started mine.
    Yeah, no tomato I reckon cos it is a fruit.

Solo
    Free Member

I want to know if salad dressings are ok or is there a chance theres a fair bit of stuff in them thats not allowed?

Make your own, do it with jam jars, then you can store in the fridge for a few days. Things like olive oil, white wine vinegar, black pepper, dijon mustard. Quick and simple, if it complies……

S

alexxx
    Free Member

great sounding recipes, whenever i do soup i usually grill the veg in the oven and then pulp but i like the idea of yours as its a lot quicker, also the fish in it is a great idea 😀

is natural honey allowed do you think? as i usually do parsnips in that 😀

alexxx
    Free Member

Solo I think you've single handedly won this over for me 😀 cheers

MrBlond
    Free Member
    Solo
    Free Member

Alexx.

Its your thread mate, and a good one too 😉

Sadly, I think Honey will ne a no-no, on the basis of its sugariness, but I'm guessing iDave would be able to advise. However, don't forget the one day a week, anything goes.

I reckon it'll be a Saturday for me, and will probably include home made bombay potatoes…

No doubt theres some good ideas forming here, I hope iDave reads this and gives us the odd nudge when it looks as if we might be straying from the suggestions. Just a nudge though as half the fun is looking for/making new stuff to try, enjoy, and hopefully see positive results.
    😉

Right, the phone is going and I've got to make my dinner now, so will check back tomorrow for what others have contributed.

Cheers.

S

Solo
    Free Member

Mr B.

Yes, that recipe looks good.

If anyone is wondering about using lemon juice in dressings, try substituting it with white wine vinegar.

Most dressings I've made, I have just used either with no detrimental effects on flavour.

S

niallmb
    Free Member

hey,

can anyone email me the stuff that idave sent out. This looks interesting and I fancy giving it go

iDave
    Free Member

think i sent out about 40+

keep the faith people

ART

Hiya – did ask on the other thread but can someone mail it to me too please ta! ruthdotandyatbtinternetdotcom. ta 😀

niallmb
    Free Member

request to have it sent to me would have gone better if I'd included my email address!!!!!! niallmb at gmail dot com

thanks

coolhandluke
    Free Member

106.8 on Saturday morning
    104.4 Monday morning then 103.8 on Monday morning after THE most enormous dump 😀
    Wishing Norris McWhirter had been there!

Always feeling full and loving nuts, not missing milk or sugar much either but would love some fruit.

Few questions about what is ok to eat and what is not.

Barley, is it OK if I put it in veg soup
    Couscous, is that OK or not

renton
    Free Member

im going to be trying this in 3 weeks time!!

no point trying now as im stuck in hotels for the next 3 weeks!!

alexxx
    Free Member

If anyone wants a plan it'd be easier to email me and I'll forward it on
    Haworth.alex at gmail com

Just had a chicken breast with garlic chilli onion red pepper lentils and asp

Any ideas to make a source for the next time I have it? It was nice but a source would have been nicer 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Yeah, no tomato I reckon cos it is a fruit.

and that would be evil ?

alexxx
    Free Member

Sob kindly **** off, either try it, follow it with useful advice or stop whining

iDave
    Free Member

try tahini sauce

50:50 tahini/water, garlic, paprika, splat of lemon juice

works with lots of stuff

Wookster

Yep I'm in, biggest chap here( 130kgs) I'll reckon so hope to see it drop off!! breakfast the hardest one for me still well up for it.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Sob kindly **** off

make me big boy 🙂 And while you're at it, explain why fruit might be bad…

igorl
    Free Member

Couscous, is that OK or not

Not ok, its similar to pasta (flour).

Jamie
    Free Member

renton:
    im going to be trying this in 3 weeks time!!

no point trying now as im stuck in hotels for the next 3 weeks!!

I will be starting similar time. Have a couple of festivals, birthdays and WC in July so would be a quite hard to try now.

….or i could just MTFU and start next monday.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Oats are fine, so porridge as a preride breakfast for me.

Fish is good too apparently.

motivforz
    Free Member

I'm the same bottling it before I've started. As iDave said it should be done properly, so I wan't to commit to it when I have a chance, and I'm away a lot in the next week, and a couple of peoples parties/pub trips which would make the not drinking calories hard! Unfortunately they're all in the next 2 weeks which means I can't have just 1 day a week off boozing. Actually, can I take a years worth of days off in one go? 😉

stof41
    Free Member

this sounds interesting where can i get some info from?

stufield
    Free Member

i'm going to give it a go, currently 6' and 240 lbs some
    looking forward to a 3 week challenge

iDave
    Free Member

don't go for porridge every morning though, it's too weighted towards carbs alone. For a big pre-ride breakfast I'd have porridge then bacon and poached eggs

hilldodger
    Free Member

Day two and not missing the starchy carbs as much as I thought 😀

Am puzzling about 'mid-ride refuelling', I guess an oat based snack would be OK ???

Mainly eating bean based salads, fish and roast veggies, eggs for brekky don't work for me – maybe if I get up a bit earlier and give them time to settle before the ride to work……

alexxx
    Free Member

When u say porridge do you mean oats and water? Thx

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘iDaves Diet Plan Members…’ is closed to new replies.