Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • If you had just spent a lot of money on some wheels…
  • Swalsey
    Free Member

I've JUST received a set of Crossmax STs from Merlin Cycles. Upon checking them over, the front looks like it has had a bit of use – there are some very small marks on the rim where the tyre has been removed and there are 5 small marks on the outer rim and spokes, although they are just cosmetic.

This is a very big buy for me, so its a little disappointing – should I be asking for a replacement? Would you??

khani
    Free Member

if they were like this from new i bleedin would, sounds like you've got some that were restocked from being sent back

Onzadog
    Free Member

chances are, they came from a production bike that the stripped down. If you're not happy though, give them a bell, they've got a good reputation for customer service I believe.

CountZero

Difficult call, this. It may just be that the wheels had tyres put on for display or show use, then removed again. Or they might have just been moved around and placed on the floor several times, or even just where the rims have been stacked prior to building. Provided the hubs are clean and unmarked, I'd say it's just normal marking from building and storage, and anyway, once you get tyres on and ride them, you'll accumulate a lot more scuffs and scrapes than that. My opinion, FWIW, which ain't much, TBH. 😀

Swalsey
    Free Member

I'll have give them a call tomorrow; looks like they have tried to cover a mark using permenant marker… the rear is perfect though!

I'm glad to hear they have a good reputation, I had a bit of trouble with them years ago and havn't used them until now!

thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘If you had just spent a lot of money on some wheels…’ is closed to new replies.