Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • I'm sorry…but those who say that they don't need a FS are wrong
  • simonm
    Free Member

Just got back from a ride in the Peak, first HT ride for me in the Peak ever…and I can safely say…its bloody horrible on the rocky descents compared to my FS…no whjere near as much fun on the dowsn, ok it climbed well buit full sus is simply comfier and more fun.

bloodynora
    Free Member

I concur…. Hobnob anyone?

chvck
    Free Member

crikey
    Free Member

Funny, judging by your user name I expected you to be a boy.

toys19
    Free Member

in the world of mtb there is no such thing as need. It’s all about want..

Coyote
    Free Member

No, it’s “need“.

I need a Kona Coiler or Stinky. Just need to sort the finances. 8)

bullheart
    Free Member

You’re right. I’ll sell my HT at once.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve been kind of feeling the same since getting my FS but it all depends where you ride I suppose. Places with loads of braking bumps and the like seem to benefit loads from a full sus, you can carry way more speed and generally have more fun (imo). Flowy fast smooth stuff like the new FOD trail would be better on a HT as you can pump the transitions easier without sus sapping your speed.

flow
    Free Member

You like FS bike more than hard tails, good for you.

Why did you feel the need to come on here and share it?

I just ate my dinner and shortly after took a dump but didn’t start a thread about it.

smell_it
    Free Member

Ooo, I’ve just sat down with some doorstep cheese on toast with pineapple and chilli’s on and a gert big mug of tea…………..

singlecrack
    Free Member

mug of tea

you need to MTFU …have some coffee….. 😈

rOcKeTdOg

He’s right but i hate how they ride on everything but the downs so on that basis, I’m out

toys19
    Free Member

You like FS bike more than hard tails, good for you.

Why did you feel the need to come on here and share it?

I just ate my dinner and shortly after took a dump but didn’t start a thread about it.

For the same reason you came on here to comment about it.

Do they make bikes with suspension now ?
    Goodness me, whatever next.

smell_it
    Free Member

Coffee, pah, purely for metrosexuals who like buying silly expensive machines and boring people senseless. Tea, the empire was built on it.

flow
    Free Member

Toys your life must be so empty.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don’t need a full suss and I am not actually wrong; in fact, if you were to read this forum sufficiently, you would discover that I am, in fact, right.

in the world of mtb there is no such thing as need. It’s all about want..

Never a truer word said on here.

thepodge
    Free Member

I never enjoyed my hardtails and even less the steel ones.

FS all the way for me and just to cheese off the 99% of you lot, i much prefer bikes with more than one pivot point.

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re right. I’ll sell my HT at once.

£20? Cutting my own throat as well, seeing as how useless it is.

simonm
    Free Member

Hehe war ! Honestly though, it just wasn’t as comfy or fast for me as the fs

Baldysquirt

Simon, you’re just a wuss. In the peak, I prefer a FS too, but I have almost as much fun on a HT. You’ve just ridden FS too much so you’re soft. Ah well, you’ll have a Nomad again before you know it.

Trimix
    Free Member

I agree with you simonm, but there will be someone who hates FS and will be along soon to tell you.

Years ago they would have a good point, but now suspension technology and frame geometry has moved on.

Actually so too have trails – we are riding stuff now way more difficult than we did 10 / 20 years ago in general.

There is still a place for a good HT though, usually under the bum of a very fast and fit XC whippet.

it just wasn’t as comfy or fast for me as the fs

Ah, I see the problem now.
    You can’t ride a bike properly.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Haha, If you want comfy, Stay at Home

bullheart
    Free Member

£20? Cutting my own throat as well, seeing as how useless it is.

£20?!? And you’ll cut your throat too??!! Buddy, you got yourself a deal!*

(*For legal purposes I have no interest in Jamie cutting his own throat. Unless he wants to. Maybe.)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oi Bully you git why you is no reply to my is email but you talk nonsense with all people on forum?

Sniff.

😥

Trimix
    Free Member

Isnt someone going to tell us that Fully Ridged is better ?

neninja
    Free Member

Aren’t hardtails for people who can’t afford a FS?

5thElefant
    Free Member

You get the same argument on car and motorbike forums too I imagine.

haggis1978

ok so damping, suspension design and geometry (well maybe not geometry and suspension design so much) has moved on in the last few years i’ll give you that but come on, do you really think that nobody rode that trail before full sus bikes came along. I bet i could tan your girly ass round there on my hardtail 😈

Edric64
    Free Member

I cant afford to run a full susser so will stay on a hardtail

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Nope, but someone may try to convince us a rigid is better…..

MrKmkII
    Free Member

Aren’t hardtails for people who can’t afford a FS?

aren’t FS just for people who can’t afford motorbikes? just asking, like…

Fishd

Yes, fully rigid is better.

Depending where you ride it.

yunki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se7PAlSOa2Y&feature=autoshare[/video]

rainbow
    Free Member

Depend what kind of trails you mostly ride, Bristol Aston Court and F.O.D. (smooth flowing) will be good for hardtail mtb, Afan and Cwmcarn (rocky) is perfect for full suspension mtbs as it’s more fun, end of the day dont worry what bike snobs say, ride the bike suited you best.

wow! there is alot of keyboard warriors on STW, very anal people 🙄

Happy trails

… dont worry what bike snobs say…

I’m a bike snob and you should worry about everything I say.

crazy-legs

That’s a coincidence, I’ve just got back from a ride in the Peak too. Except I was on my rigid CX bike and you know what – it was ACE. 🙂

So there.

Jamie
    Free Member

(*For legal purposes I have no interest in Jamie cutting his own throat. Unless he wants to. Maybe.)

Too late. I have stipulated in my will that you should be sued.

*gurgle*

alpin
    Free Member

i’m really tempted to have sticker for the seat stays made up saying “fähigkeiten statt federung” (skills instead of suspension….)

never got on with fullies. don’t like the soggy feeling of them. prefer the direct feel of the hardtail.

besides, i’m quicker than most people i ride with who are generally on FS anyway. that goes for generally pottering about, proper alpine descents and mini DH tracks. the lack of suspension isn’t holding me back.

sure it may not be as comfy as when on a fat FS, but for me it is more about the challenge, not the ease. was thinking of fitting a rigid fork to my other hardtail to make my next transalp more interesting.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘I'm sorry…but those who say that they don't need a FS are wrong’ is closed to new replies.