Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Insurance silliness
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Renewal quote – £400

Identical policy with same insurer (M&S) when getting a quote online – £310.

Buy it through Quidco – £45 cashback.
    8)

Last year – £900

Renewal quote – £2000

Best quote (but including tuning chip not on previous policy/quotes) – £1400

vinnyeh

enewal quote – £400

Identical policy with same insurer (M&S) when getting a quote online – £310.

Buy it through Quidco – £45 cashback.

Could look at it and say it was a sensible sales strategy- £310 is the ‘real’ premium. Quidco is what would traditionally be the cut going to, or funding the sales channel. Then make a nice wee topup on folk who cba to shop around

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Could look at it and say it was a sensible sales strategy- £310 is the ‘real’ premium. Quidco is what would traditionally be the cut going to, or funding the sales channel. Then make a nice wee topup on folk who cba to shop around

Agreed – just shows what can be done when you can be bothered to check.

(Up till last year we were paying £800 a year because I CBA).

footflaps

Last year Direct Line quoted me £600 for Building + Content. Went to Money Supermarket and got approx 200 quotes, not one of which was over £300 and most were around £200.

Went back to DL explaining that I wasn’t very happy about being ripped off and they offered me £5 off. They lost a customer for life then and there.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Always review annual insurances using an internet scraping site to get the best deal.

Never let your current provider “boil the frog”.

McHamish
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGhJMdmj3Y0[/video]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Insurance silliness’ is closed to new replies.