Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Is it bullying?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

My ex-boss told me:
    – never cross me as I didn’t go to jail for murder for no reason;
    – I’ll f’king smash your f’king mug to pieces if you ever bring it again (tea mug with a £20 print);
    – you will be sorry for the f’king t-shirt (World Cup days when I wore a 3 Lions t);
    – I’ll be talking to people so you never find a job again, you’ll see what Ireland is like without me!
    I laughed at it but as he’s acting like a cookoo I’m considering my options. In your place of work, would such comments made with a real violent voice, be considered bullying?
    Thanks!

donsimon
    Free Member

Irish Tourist Board by any chance?

Definately bullying in my book.

PiknMix
    Free Member

intimidation if anything!

sounds like a prize male chicken if you ask me.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

To some extent bullying depends on the effect on you. If it makes you fearful then it is bullying. Join a ruddy union, Record everything

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Is the first one not technically an assault?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

sounds like he’s trying to come across like some ex IRA member to try and scare you and come across as “not to be crossed”

Google him, chances are he’s never committed any crimes other than being a ****

Carry a small voice recorder (if you have an iphone there will be an app for that) and record his next comment – If it’s threatening enough take it to the police. Assault also covers verbal threats.

Unless he’s the owner then he’ll have a boss too, someone to answer to who’ll not be too chuffed that he’s got a **** in charge.

Do anything you can to nail this **** to the wall by his tiny gonads – I hate workplace bullies, had to deal with my fair share and would happily set fire to each one in turn if I ever saw them again

EDIT: didn’t read properly, he’s an ex boss…….in that case, brake fluid over the paint work on his car will do the trick

redthunder
    Free Member

Tarmacking company or rubbish clearance by any chance ?

Does he have a peg stuck up his a*s ?

sofatester
    Free Member

It’s only bullying if you care.

yunki
    Free Member

I dunno if the cheap and cheerful tarmac driveway industry has a union..?

Hairychested
    Free Member

I no longer work for him, he did it when I was. He claims to be an ex-IRA guy who was released thanks to the Good Friday Agreement but I never found anything to support his claims on the web.
    He owns the shop so he’s the big boss there, can’t report him to his superiors then. Unfortunately.
    I’ll be talking to the CIC (equivalent of CSB) again, they told me they’ll back me up if needed as they dislike people who think money means right.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds like some small town tw4t that wants you to think he’s the local toughie – sorry to say, I came across plenty of his type growing up in Ireland. Problem is, chaps like him have been lording it for the past decade driving flash cars, living in huge houses, developing bits of shitty land here and there; all funded by the banks who couldn’t give the money to them fast enough. However, they’ve all been castrated in the last few years and are hitting hard times. If he’s one of the “Pope’s Children” generation, he’s encountering a situation he’s never experienced. Because you have no local history, he thinks he can intimidate you into thinking he’s someone to be feared.

If he really was, he wouldn’t say anything to you. Sounds like he’s all mouth and no trousers.

WTF was the problem with the mug anyway?

(I can see how the tee shirt thing would have been a bit of a sore point though. Mind you, when I wore mine all over the shop here in ’94, I never got any shit for it…just “Fair dues mate, I hope you do well”. Shows what a tolerant country the UK truly is behing all the wailing.)

As TeeJ says, depends on how it makes you feel. A word to the local Gardaí might not be a bad idea. They probably think he’s a tosser anyway.

EDIT:

He claims to be an ex-IRA guy who was released thanks to the Good Friday Agreement but I never found anything to support his claims on the web.

Yeah mate, him and thousands of others who want to intimidate foreigners. Heard it all before. If he really was IRA, he’d damn well keep his mouth shut about it.

donsimon
    Free Member

Surely if the intention is bullying, it’s bullying? Not automatically the reaction of the recipient. Or is there such an offence as attempted bullying?

Junkyard
    Free Member

of course it is. If you did this at mine you would either be sacked, sectioned or made a boss.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sounds like a total ****! Not fit to manage people!

Find another job and then make sure you leave him in the lurch good and proper.

Never tolerate intimidation! The people who do are not much better as they are in effect condoning the abuse and massaging the ego’s of the abuser by being subservient.

Good managers earn respect, they don’t demand it!

Hairychested
    Free Member

deadlydarcy, it bears a print of The Queen 😀
    [if I add he said we should’ve killed the bitch long time ago will it complete the picture?]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

if I add he said we should’ve killed the bitch long time ago will it complete the picture?

I could’ve added it myself once you clarified. God, I so don’t miss guys like him from home.

wwaswas

never cross me as I didn’t go to jail for murder for no reason;

more than bulyying – it’s a criminal offence…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

– never cross me as I didn’t go to jail for murder for no reason;

I would have walked out at that point

enfht
    Free Member

Creep up behind him when he aint looking and cosh the ****. Job done

andyl46
    Free Member

Anyone so vocal wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes within said organisation, as his mouth would have been shut permanently. Draw a comparison with guys who loudly claim to be in the SAS in the bar if you will.

Sounds like an armchair warrior, and typical of the big mouth small brained bigots that do inhabit parts of Norn Irn (on both sides of whatever divide you care to draw). I live here, so think I can comment. You get similar people all over, but the subject of their hate tends to differ according to their personal pet hates.

The words you seek may be “constructive dismissal”…

Mintman
    Free Member

I agree with TJ and others, if you feel intimidated/stressed/fearful of what he has said to you then yes it’s bullying. That’s how it works at my place anyway.

shooterman

Sounds like an armchair warrior

That’s my view too. Anyone who is or was anyone will never ever talk about it.

duckman

The Queen? pah! Get a mug with a pic of Oliver Cromwell,that should really cheer him up. Sorry you have to work for a shecht like this.

Hairychested
    Free Member

duckman, I live in Drogheda, I know what the locals think of him.
    You should’ve seen his face when he saw me wearing an orange t-shirt I got when I subscribed to Dirt 😀
    Funnily enough nobody ever gave me any grief for listening to “The Land of Hope and Glory” CD on St George’s Day. Well, not quite true but almost…

locomotive

I didn’t go to jail for murder for no reason

Glad to hear of a non-miscarriage of justice!

You state ‘ex-Boss’ – is the ‘ex’ part the source of his desire to rattle perhaps? i.e He has lost ‘control’ and likes to think can retain some influence through physical threats.

World is full of c**ts eh, Fingers crossed he has an industrial accident.

iDave
    Free Member

OP, ygm 8)

bigyinn
    Free Member

He sounds ideal STW membership material to me……
    Opinionated – check
    Rude – check
    Overly agressive – check
    Lying – FULL HOUSE!

ton

i find it funny what people consider bullying……….. 🙄
    ffs, you are grown men………..act like it……… 8)

bigyinn………….check 😉

iDave
    Free Member

i find it funny what people consider bullying

could it be because you find the bosses behaviour similar to yours? Just asking like…. 🙄

ton

idave……….nothing like mine friend…….but seriously..grow up.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

IDave got there before me. Only thing is ton, Hairychested’s ex-boss actually sounds tougher than you.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

ffs, you are grown men………..act like it

indeed, and saying “don’t cross me” is infantile…

ton

dd………im not a toughie…. 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Dave, thanks. Email sent back.

Ton, I rarely disagree with you and agree with SFB but this is one of them times. You big old softie 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I agree with TJ and others, if you feel intimidated/stressed/fearful of what he has said to you then yes it’s bullying.

x100

Point out that you will not submit to his bullying or intimidation – No Surrender should do it

“I didn’t go to jail for murder, I’m not so fking stupid as to get caught”

ton

Hairychested……….mate, my post was not aimed at you….you seem to know the score what the bloke was trying to do. 😆

my reply was aimed at some of the pc correct boolax that the usual suspects spout.

t_i_m
    Free Member

yes it’s bullying and if he’s an ex boss (assuming that you left/got asked to leave) you’ve got grounds for an industrial tribunal.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Ton, tongue in cheek, innit? I like your attitude of MTFU and own him with the Bombers, but as I’m 5’7″ and some 11.5st. it isn’t really an option.
    t_i_m, I didn’t ask to leave although I was ready-ish to do it, I was told “WTF are you doing here? I told you I didn’t need you!”. The end result is the same, I’m looking for a new boss but don’t want him to get away with his attitude. Besides, the next guy might be weaker or have less support than I got from here. I want to do the right thing and, if by doing so I make him cringe that’s even better. His suffering in itself isn’t my goal, I’m not like that.

ton

it is mate…..as always… 😀

Torminalis
    Free Member

One complete cock who I used to work for told me ‘you have no idea how hard I could hit you if I wanted’!

In an unusual moment of bravery I clocked him with a fierce look and said ‘I know some f*cking hard people Sean, and you ain’t one of them’. Never said a cross word to me again. People that talk about it a lot are generally cowards.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Is it bullying?’ is closed to new replies.