Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Italian Lakes
  • mabhughes
    Free Member

Hi, I have a trip to Lake Garda, for this summer and can get about 5 days riding in. Will have a car so can travel. Has anyone alse been and suggest a rides, booked uplifts, guides, kit, advice?

chakaping
    Free Member

There was a thread last week I believe, have a search for Garda.

May well be there myself in July and it was whetting my appetite nicely.

🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

That cable car thing near Malcesine is to be avoided if looking for uplift – you would be quicker to cycle up. The lift is two cable cars and you spend a fair bit of time standing around whilst the Italian guards concentrate on doing the Italian ‘stylish’ thing, chatting to any women that are around, and not bothering to run the lifts.

sv

Not sure but wasn’t there an article on Lake Garda in STW a while back? From memory said the riding was superb, probably based around the top half of the lake.

mabhughes
    Free Member

Thanks guys will hunt down the article. If cable car takes bikes then may still chance it,( long climb in middle of august) we have some girls going so hopefully that might get the italian guards into gear.

chakaping
    Free Member

You can also arrange van uplift apparently, presumably with some trail advice thrown in.

mrblobby
    Free Member

We stayed in Torbole at the top of the lake, nice place to stay. There’s guided rides out from one of the bike shops there every day that you can pay a few euros to join. I think we’d hire our own guide if we went again as we tried to follow a few routes on some italian map without a guide and got quite lost and frustrated!

simon1975
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Italian Lakes’ is closed to new replies.