Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • iTunes is doing my head in – lost Purchased Playlist…help please.
  • DickBarton

About 3 weeks back I started iTunes to listen to some music on the PC and it tells me it wants to update to 10.4 – I say ok and it runs an update…takes about 2 minutes (quick, thinks I) and it reboots the PC. I restart iTunes and it tells me it wants to install 10.4 – so I agree and this takes much longer.

After this reboot, I’ve got 10.4 installed on the PC, but no Purchased Playlist or Music. I’ve now bought another 7 tracks so have a new purchased list, but can’t find the old one and if I plug the iPod in and it syncs I’m going to loose the old playlist.

So I add the Itunes folder to the library and it imports all my music but it doesn’t appear to have the last 2 songs I purchased about a week before the update was run.

Went off on holiday and came back and had a look at some help. Says I can copy the previous library information to the system once again. I give that a try and it returns the music in the folder but the last 2 purchases are missing i.e. the folder structure is there but the actual music file isn’t.

Any ideas how I can retrieve the old list? The previous backup to the last one was done in March and that only has 170 purchased songs so I’m missing about another 80…they all appear to be sitting on the computer, just not on the actual purchased list.

Any help out there, please? Have tried Apple Support but they want a hardware serial number and don’t seem to offer any way of reporting this particular issue with iTunes.

Cheers.

grantway
    Free Member

My advice would be to take your emailed receipts of what you have purchased
    and book an appointment with one of the Genius at your local Apple store.

As a Mac user including Mac Book Pro my account is shown on the App store
    and even there should show what you have purchased.

But do go to an Apple store

Other than that you can always try this link to Mac Rumours.
    and join the forums

DickBarton

I use a pc…so not sure what they could do…cheers though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘iTunes is doing my head in – lost Purchased Playlist…help please.’ is closed to new replies.