Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Jock's Road from Loch Callater to Glen Doll?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Sanny has an epic planned for tomorrow. Glen Clova – Corri Chash – Loch Muick – Lochnagar – Loch Callater – Jocks Road – Glen Clova.

I've ridden all but the section from Loch Callater back over Jock's Road to Glen Clova. Looks like a bit of a hike up to the Knaps of Fafernie

Anyone ridden this section? Is it in fact rideable? Whats the descent into Glen Doll like?

Dan
    Free Member

Maybe a better option than the carry out of Glen Callater is the estate track up onto Carn an Tuirc from Callater lodge, follow this to Cairn a Claise and then Tolmount before dropping back onto Jock's Road. The descent into Glen Doll has some proper good tech bits on it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Dan, I've ridden the LRT up from the Loch but gone over to Glenshee. Is there a rideable path over to Tolmount and down to Glen Doll? I cant see one marked on the map.

Dan
    Free Member

not on the map but there is a decent path from Cairn a Claise to Tom Buidhe and I recall seeing a path branching off towards Tolmount so it almost certainly links up to Jock's Road without any bother. This way up provides a ridable route out from Callater lodge otherwise it is a lot of carry.

This chat reminds me that I need to get this route done at some point this summer … classic riding!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Dan, thanks for that, it looks better than a 1000ft carry. I figure after hoofing it up Lochnagar it'll make an 'easier' return to Glen Doll.

Waderider
    Free Member

My only advice would be to take earplugs in case Sanny is suffering from a day of over excitableness. Again 😯 😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Waderider, I'll be so far behind him I'll be out of earshot

mattsccm
    Free Member

Read the book called "The black cloud" about Scottish hill
    deaths. 5 or 7 in one trip on Jocks road. Will make the trip more interesting

Waderider
    Free Member

Waderider, I'll be so far behind him I'll be out of earshot "

Ah, mcmoonter, he'll keep stopping to take photographs. In that way you shall be in communication range for the whole day!

The Black Cloud is a top book. Hope you guys have a good trip.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Read the book called "The black cloud" about Scottish hill
    deaths. 5 or 7 in one trip on Jocks road. Will make the trip more interesting

I wish you'd told me that once we'd completed the loop!

My last Munro descent ended like this

Waderider
    Free Member

Hair needs a trim.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Crash shock made it stand on end. All in all a bad hair day

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Jock's Road from Loch Callater to Glen Doll?’ is closed to new replies.