Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • John Hughes
  • tomdebruin
    Free Member

I must have watched Weird Science a thousand times in my teens. And Ferris Beuller, what a classic. The Breakfast Club!

He's also responsible for National Lampoon Vacation and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

The guy was an absolute genius! But then from the 90's onward he lost it.

racefaceec90

i loved the breakfast club (more because molly ringwald was in it!!!and lets not forget the classic horror an american warewolf in london!!!rip john.

Pigface
    Free Member

Pretty in Pink and the Breakfat club Ferris B great films that defined the 80's

He didnt do American Werewolf that was John Landis I think

roundwheels
    Free Member

He is now the new hibs manager 8)

rowley
    Free Member

also uncle buck, some kind of wonderful, shes having a baby.

still think John Bender is one of the coolest characters in film ever.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

"Shut up bitch, and go fix me a turkey-pot pie!"

xherbivorex
    Free Member

sixteen candles…

"dong- where is my automobile?"

anthony michael hall's dancing in this film is incredible. a true inspiration to geeks everywhere.

gpilling
    Free Member

Sad to hear of his passing — but if there's one good thing that's come of it, it's that today has been filled with so many great movie quotes. I have really laughed reading them, as I'm sure many have people in Internet-land, and that's a great way to celebrate a man's life.

grievoustim
    Free Member

letters to a fanthis is a nice story for hughes fans

mtbfix

letters to a fanthis is a nice story for hughes fans

Dear Stan, I think you need some counselling…My tea's gone cold…etc.

SST
    Free Member

He defined an era. Sorry to hear he's passed on.

I loved the John Candy films, Uncle Buck, The Great Outdoors, Planes, Trains and Automobiles – (prob my fav – Steve Martin is ace too). He also did the three Home Alone films.

Oh and the drumming at the beginning of Some Kind Of Wonderful is great.

From T,P & A:

Del: You play with your balls a lot.
    Neal: I do NOT play with my balls.
    Del: Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball-handling in one night as you do in an hour!
    Neal: Are you trying to start a fight?
    Del: No. I'm simply stating a fact. That's all. You fidget with your nuts a lot.
    Neal: You know what'd make me happy?
    Del: Another couple of balls, and an extra set of fingers?

Police Officer: What the hell are you driving here?
    Del Griffith: We had a small fire last night, but we caught it in a nick of time.
    Police Officer: Do you have any idea how fast you were going?
    Del Griffith: Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with any degree of accuracy exactly how fast we were going.

grievoustim
    Free Member

heres hoping the various TV channels will dig out some JOhn Hughes films over the weekend as a tribute – everything I had was on VHS and went to the charity shop when I got rid of the player

Storer76

Always wanted to pull a Bueller-esque sickie. John Hughes was a genius. RIP John

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘John Hughes’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM