Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 392 total)
  • Joydens Woods
  • jonesy13
    Free Member

Hi anyone regularly ride in Joydens Woods in Kent?

tony24
    Free Member

yeah all the time every Thursday night i have a quick blast through and most Saturdays

d4
    Free Member

Once in while, not been for a couple of months.

jonesy13
    Free Member

Just looking to join in on a few local rides as my 2 usual riding buds are now in s. america for 6 months and india for 6 weeks! (Something I said?)

cchris2lou

yep , ride there regularly .

also ride in farningham woods , 10 minutes away from joysden wood .

what time do you ride there on a thursday ?

tony24
    Free Member

usually around 6 ish i have probably seen 1 or 2 of you there before i also ride farningham woods most saturdays.

cchris2lou

only other cyclist I saw was on a GF 29er SS and someone on a Giant full sus .

tony24
    Free Member

I always enter from the bexley stables side i ride a carbon 456 will be riding this thursday in preparation for the london to brighton

jonesy13
    Free Member

Whats farningham like?

tony24
    Free Member

not very big really has a few tracks through it but pretty short.

cchris2lou

I enter by the golf course

Farningham is good , but I havent discovered much in joysden wood yet .

Free Member

I ride in Joydens wood a fair bit and ride a Giant Antherm and think we should sort out a ride at some time .

tony24
    Free Member

yeah i would be up for that. would be good to see any other route’s people know.

cchris2lou

me too .

jonesy13
    Free Member

Yeah I’d be up for it as well

cchris2lou

I am going riding friday afternoon , 4 ish . was planning farningham but could do joysden wood .

Free Member

Hi There

i know Joydens well and would be up for a ride on Thursday after 17.30 if anyones up for it?

please let me know.

Warren

steve-g
    Free Member

When I used to live near there I always called it Joydens Wood, but I guess thats the name of the place so maybe the woods are called Joydens Woods, or are they Joydens Wood Woods?

voodoo-rich

Been there a few times, some nice trails, don’t really know my way around though. Can’t make this week, but would be up for it if there’s another ride planned?

(live in Bromley, work in Erith, so it’s not much of a detour on the way home)

cchris2lou

could do tomorrow night but not before 6.45 . need to charge the P7

tony24
    Free Member

I will be there tomorrow only problem is i have not got me lights yet so riding after dark could be a problem 😀

Tupper

I have ridden there and around for approx. 12 years (used to live there) so might try and make it after work (6.30 ish) depends how tomorrow goes but also have regular rides out to Lullingstone Villa area, Trosley, etc. Based in Horton Kirby

Cheers

cchris2lou

my email is in my profile if riding tomorrow night .

based in hextable , but in laws in horton kirby so interested if you have rides around that area too .
    I ride in knatts valley too up to wrotham etc…

Free Member

Hi Chris

i ll be there about 5.45ish!! tomo can meet you at the commemorative stone at the top on the banks, if you dont know that site i can meet you along the path, thats behind the Scout hall, tell me which.

Laters

Warren

cchris2lou

sorry but wont finish work till 6.30 .

Free Member

Hi Chris

name time and place and ill meet you there.

Be on a black Cube LTD.

Warren

cchris2lou

warren ,

cant find the charger for the P7 , so might give it a miss tonight , but could do tomrrow afternoon . finish work at 3.30 , so when it suits you really .

no idea where the stone or scout hall is , I normall enter by the golf course .

tony24
    Free Member

I went tonight but could not find anyone had a good blast round joydens though. may have been abit short notice this week but does anyone fancy next thursday at 6:00 meet at the style near golf course?

Free Member

Chris

ill try and get there for 17.00 meet at top of Golf course.

Warren

cchris2lou

@ Warren : ok cool . will be there .

@ Tony : wont finish work till 6h30 but you can start and I ll join mid ride . found my lights so all good .

cchris2lou

might need a canoe instead of a bike .

jonesy13
    Free Member

I can’t really get there in the week, as I don’t usually get home till around 7, but will be up for weekend ride though. I only really know the stables entrance-where’s the golf course way in?

cchris2lou

great ride with Warren tonight , except broke my chain twice .

we agreed on a ride thursday night , I wont be there till 6h45 , but will meet up with the early starters .

golf course is along Birchwood road , bridleway is opposite the farm and Dakkar garage .

Free Member

I work in Bexleyheath and I will try to be there next Thursday night but what time might you all be meeting up. Keith.

cchris2lou

keith , follow this thread a time and place will be decided , probably around 17h30 .

@ jonesy13 : can do week end riding but will have to be early morning .

Fitzy
    Free Member

You know, I live so close to Farningham but have no idea that there is any decent riding around. Please enlighten me guys?

I normally ride the Pilgrims Way down to the Medway area but Farningham would be great for a little mid week blast..

tony24
    Free Member

i go out with a group on Saturdays we usually do around 30 odd miles starting at hall place then to a cafe near brands hatch and back your all welcome to come along we start at 9:30 and depending on where we go get back between half 1 and half 3.

I will be there next Thursday around 6 o’clock.

Free Member

I do not finish work till 5.30 but depends what time you meet up I might be able to meet up with you some where. I should be able to get to the bridle way over the golf course by about 6.00.

cchris2lou

ok so if you guys meet up at 6pm on top of golf course ,and I ll join you at 6.45 at the engraved stone ?

Free Member

If thte weather is dry is any one planning to be there Thursday night as I can be at the top of the bridle way over the golf course at about 6.15.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 392 total)

The topic ‘Joydens Woods’ is closed to new replies.