Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Kirroughtree rideout between Xmas and New Year
  • Trekster

Not seen that site before davy-g. I am working 27th.

Trailbuilding and ride on 2nd @ Ae

simonralli2
    Free Member

Davy

I could be up for that seeing as I thought Trekster was keeping 27th free for a Mabie ride!

John – are you free any other days for a Mabie ride? I guess there will also be Goan's potential Inners ride too some time?

Si

davy-g
    Free Member

John, i think the dates are flexible…what dates are u available?

I am heading down this Saturday with my 2 Sons and a few of their friends…

@ Simon, be good to meet up wi you again… u gonna attempt the CHUTE this time…. 8)

Trekster

got manflu to contend with atm 🙁 need to get rid before it turns into something that ends up lasting for months as has happened in the last few yrs 🙁

Simon…OK for 27th, 28th, 29th or 30th. Only fly in the ointment is the usual problem of transport if wife heads down to Carlisle on any of those dates. Mabie & Ae are always good if no car. There will probably still be forest works in Dalbeattie around then. Not that that matters 😉

forge197
    Free Member

I can't make an inter xmas ride 🙁 Am about 1st Onwards 🙂 Will probably do a New Years ride, might head to Inners or Glentress as hopefully they will be quiet that day…. 😉

ton

fella's i am up at kirroughtree on the 26th 27th and 28th.
    27th riding the big loop at kirroughtree.

Trekster

mmmmm I am day shift on 26th, night shift on 27th so will let ye ken nearer the time. 10am start means I can be home for 4, tea at 5, work at 6 😆 good day I think

davy-g
    Free Member

so who's going then??? 😆 😉

forge197
    Free Member

davy-g can't make the inbetweeny bit of xmas New Year free to ride from the 30th, you might get more responses if you get the mod's to move this from the chat forum to bike forum.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I should be free but will confirm nearer the time as I am not too sure what my folks' plans are for visiting/receiving relatives etc and I also said I would help my Mum on a few things. 27th should be fine though. I am also hoping to do a mabie ride with Trekster.

My final riding day will be 1st Jan though, as I will need to drive back to Devon on 3rd, and will need 2nd free to wash/organise everything.

Forge – (seems daft using forum names but then others will know who i am talking to), I'm doing my thing on 31st Dec and doubt I will be drinking. I don't fancy a long drive on 1st but will probably do a Mabie ride on 1st if you fancy that – first ride of the year and all that!

forge197
    Free Member

Si – thinking of heading to Glentress on New Years Day 🙂 I've never been and thought it would be a good day to go there. But could do that on the Saturday I'll see nearer the time, I'll drop you a mail

ton

i am still going…. 8)

AlasdairMc

forge197 – I rode GT on New Year's Day a few years back. There were three of us, and the only other soul we saw was a guy pulling his kids along on a tag-along. It was good to have been out then, especially when you consider that it meant your Hogmanay wasn't the typical anti-climax of too much booze.

forge197
    Free Member

AlasdairMc – that's what I am hoping we have a hectic non-biking Xmas period, reckon it would be good and I've never been so I won't be holding to many people up 🙂

scotabroad

i'd be up for a ride round about then, but, would probably only be doing red loop due to current fitness levels (more recent man flu.

Ton – you coming across MAbie/ Dalbeattie way on your trip??

Trekster

might have to keep you company on that red route scotabroad. Having a manflu relapse today inc runny nose, streaming eyes and hot flushes 😳

davy-g
    Free Member

Mark from the "Breakpad" told me yesterday that if enough riders were doing the rideout then he would come down and open the shop, and then perhaps join us on the ride…

be good if we could do a roll call for riders who will be attending… cheers guys.. 😉

Trekster

Bacon butties and a coffee pls

Whats the plan btw, start tiem etc? 10?

davy-g
    Free Member

hi John.

am not 100% sure of the exact timings… here is the link to the thread where the rideout is being organised.. http://www.mtbe.co.uk/kirroughtree-sunday-27th-december-t5441.html , will let u know as soon as i do.. 😉

davy-g
    Free Member

looks like it's gonna be a 10am start….perhaps a tad later if the weather is bad, as the guys have a 3 hour drive..

Trekster

I am working @ 6 😕

ton

stu, sorry, can only ride the 27th…..mrs t has put her foot down.
    so gonna be at kirroughtree on the 27th then…who else is gonna be there.

davy-g
    Free Member

so it's just you then "ton", I will be attending the rideout with my Son and possibly 3 of my friends, I am still waiting on word from a few others…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ton – I would have loved to come to do this ride and meet the living legend that is your good self. I have not actually done a "proper" mountain bike ride since my Dartmoor exploration in October. I am pretty worried about the roads and as of today my car has been stuck where it is for the last few days. I think if I do get out it will probably just be to Mabie – I was hoping to ride with John sometime as I have not ridden Mabie with him. I think I need to get out on my bike tho as I have had some fairly difficult family news to deal with and could really do with some company on a wheezy out-of-condition pootle as I am want to do.

ton

simon
    i will be taking it very slowly and steadily mate.
    been laid low with a virus for a month…
    and my young lad as not ridden since last boxing day.

davyg, what time in the carpark mte..

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ton

Well we'll see if things clear up a bit weather wise. I could always do the red and then take a rain check at the various turning back/shortcut points.

Si

davy-g
    Free Member

it's a 10am off from the Kirrie car park…

craig1975
    Free Member

Ill be there Davy.. hopefully this crazy weather gets a bit better, or the drive down may be a bit dodgy

ton

see you there fella's

davy-g
    Free Member

should be a blast… weather is supposed to be pretty decent also… 8)
    just need to get a definite number of riders from the other forums…

davy-g
    Free Member

have just been informed that 95% of the red route at Kirrie was covered in snow or ice on Xmas Eve….I am still heading down the morra, but the guys from England have called off their trip tomorrow…

davy-g
    Free Member

rideout has been cancelled.. 😥

allthepies
    Free Member

How about getting goan along to do a skills masterclass ?

Edit: pah, plans foiled

😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi folks – I've decided I really dont fancy the drive so depending on what the weather is like will just do a small loop of Mabie – maybe the blue or maybe the red depending on what conditions are like up there. Have a good one! Hopefully the Mabie car park will be ok. I've dropped an email to Trekster explaining a few bits and bobs but maybe if I ride again I'll put a note out about that…

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Kirroughtree rideout between Xmas and New Year’ is closed to new replies.