Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kona A frame – what's it worth (sorry)
  • psychle
    Free Member

Came home yesterday to find that the lovely builders up stairs had managed to drop something large and heavy on my Kona A that was sitting out the back waiting to be built up… Now it has a nice 7cm crease in the top tube, bugger 🙁

Obviously going to ask them (or the upstairs owners) to pay suitable compensation, but not sure how much the frame is worth? What do you guys reckon? Frame is/was in good condition, no dings or major marks to the paint, not sure what year model it is (has canti mounts if that helps age it?)

cheers 😀

psychle
    Free Member

maybe I should've done this one as a rant 😀

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

like for like basis!!!

so id say at least £400 easy!!

psychle
    Free Member

ha ha, that's kind of what I was thinking actually… might as well get what I can (though I don't think there is a 'like-for-like' Kona A equivalent any more is there?)

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

no not any more!

you want to cover your costs so that is what id sell it for.

nickc

Arse biscuits, I wouldn't pay more than £200 for one even in good nick but yeah I'd be looking for at least £350 from the builders to cover some "embuggerance" quota

psychle
    Free Member

I was actually going to be popping it up on here for sale (was thinking about it anyway), was going to be looking for around £200 tbh… I could be generous and just chase that, but as you say, an 'embuggerance surcharge' isn't entirely unfair is it…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kona A frame – what's it worth (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.