Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Konfused Kona – 69er/Half Fat Content/Bandwa – Dismissive shakes of head welcome
  • letmetalktomark

Fistly i will admit that there is a certain amount of this happening with my Kona:

I had tried the whole 29er thing (Singular Swift) and like the principle but something wasn’t right. 😕

The half fat thing is pure bandwagon sh*ts and giggles stuff.

Definitely rides better as a 29er than a half fat but both are good fun!

69er

Half Fat

resisted
    Free Member

Where’s the Jones bar? Disappointed tbh! *jokes*

looking good tbh, I remember sticking 700C wheels on an old ridgeback of mine years back and getting some really odd looks, but now its all the rage!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Oh jebus wept. Seriously through, 10/10 for effort/intuitive, but it looks gopping …

cynic-al
    Free Member

what’s the front tyre?

letmetalktomark

resisted – Member

Where’s the Jones bar? Disappointed tbh! *jokes*

looking good tbh, I remember sticking 700C wheels on an old ridgeback of mine years back and getting some really odd looks, but now its all the rage!

Like this:

Jones bar eh? ….. I do have a beard … 😆

anotherdeadhero – Member

Seriously through, 10/10 for effort/intuitive, but it looks gopping …

Was never going to please all 😉

letmetalktomark

cynic-al – Member

what’s the front tyre?

3” Nokian on a 49mm rear trials rim.

Just over 75mm tip to tip 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Was never going to please all 😉

Looks lovely as a CX bike mind. Why oh why oh why.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not being funny but IMO even 4″ front and 3″ rear is still pretty far from the full-fat experience.

mollski
    Free Member

that looks fookin sweet dude,whats it ride like?

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

I used to have a 69er but found it a bit chopperish

If you want a better rolling bike without the 29er handling quirks then I would say – consider 650B as a wheel size. It is derided in these quarters for being a bit ‘niche’ but it’s a really enjoyable size to ride – feels like 26″ in general bike handling but noticably better roll-over and speed/climbing ability.

Horses for courses innit!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

650’s are only allowed if you fit a towel rail though.

epicyclo

Sticking a 29er wheel on the front of a 26″ bike usually results in interesting steering because you have just jacked up your steering head by a few inches and hence slackened the head angle quite a bit. This changes the fork trail figure.

If you can stick a 650b in the back (assuming a 29er won’t fit), that will help.

Other strategies: use a shorter front fork, get a low profile headset, machine a bit of the lower head tube.

The same applies to trying a fat wheel – I’m talking 4″ section tyres.

letmetalktomark

The height of the front end is comparable with a 90 – 100mm suspension fork due to the short AtoC of the forks.

I am fine with it being a 26” in the back (ooh suits you Sir 😉 )

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Konfused Kona – 69er/Half Fat Content/Bandwa – Dismissive shakes of head welcome’ is closed to new replies.