Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kryptonite Evolution Mini Lock – any experiences?
  • geoffj

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kryptonite-Evolution-Mini-Lock-Bracket/dp/B000AMPRG0/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

I was looking at them in Alpine bikes over the weekend. Add one of the cables, and it would probably be a pretty good enough for locking up my better bikes in not so rough areas.

Whaddya think?

z1ppy

If you have a local decathlon, they’re doing an oxford lock for the same money that’s bigger (easier to secure to stuff) and had a decent review from What-mtb’s last lock review. oh and I wouldn’t trust a cable lock if there any worry about the area your leaving the bike in, I do have one for the local pub but we live in a nice quiet village.

Though I must mention, I’ve had nothing but good experience with kryptonite for customer service (lost keys/warrenty issues)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Given kryptonites issues in the past I would be very reluctant to trust them

Something much sturdier would be my recommendation. Double locking as well

Abus Granite? expect to pay a lot more for a decent lock.

z1ppy

Given kryptonites issues in the past I would be very reluctant to trust them

Why? A weakness was discovered with there keys/locks, they swapped all of their customers lock with that type of key for another, under warrenty. I had four swapped, one was over 10 years old! That must have cost them a pretty penny. The same type of lock was used in numerous other manufacturers locks, I didn’t hear of any one else swapping them out for free.
    WTF do you want from a manufacturer TJ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There have been other issues in the past iirc. Shackles that could easily be pried apart due to s design flaw.

mamadirt
    Free Member

I have the New York mini – saved my Slopestyle but my Abus Steel-o-flex and the school railings didn’t fare so well 👿 . Weighs a ton and it’s small size means that if you’re locking it to anything other than railings, you need a cable too (making a weaker link).

simon_g

A “weaker” mini lock that’s full of bike and solid object is better than a “stronger” u-lock with plenty of leftover space to work in, IMO.

Have a read of this though: http://www.lfgss.com/thread17938.html

TooTall
    Free Member

WTF do you want from a manufacturer TJ?

TJ in ‘memory of an elephant, but really selective and repeating for ever as current fact’ shocker 🙄

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kryptonite Evolution Mini Lock – any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.