Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lake Garda MTBing?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got a week booked with the wife and wee one in june (Bardolino), reckon I could get away for a days biking. I’d like to think some of the MTB holiday companies would hire and guide for 1 day? no?.

Any info greatly appreciated.

mrplow
    Free Member

I did this through Garda on Bike last summer.

http://www.gardaonbike.com/index.php?lang=EN

I emailed Carlo before I went. He was not very fast to return emails and I was worried that it would fall through when I got there but in the end there were no issues and they gave me pads for free. You will find them on Facebook as well for questions etc.

Bordelino is a lovely place – Garda is heaven.

cubemeup
    Free Member

im best man at a wedding this yr so fingers crossed i will be able to hire a bike for the day!

mrplow
    Free Member

They do Cube Stereos as well 😉

tim41
    Free Member

+1 Carlo at Gardaonbike. Looked after a club group of around 30(!) of us when we went 3 years ago.

JonBurns
    Free Member

Bardolino is one of my favourite places. Hire a hotel beach cruzer (singlespeed, small wheeled fat tyred niche) and ride up the hill to the Zeni vineyard for the squizz at the museum and the free wine tasting.

Riding the bikes just around the shoreline is lovely too but didn;t get chance for any proper biking (mountain or road).

jonb
    Free Member

There’s an excellent video on pink bike, look for Garda.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Lake Garda is high on my list for riding at this year.

LadyAlexMTB
    Free Member

Agree re Carlo and GardaonBike – stayed in a bike hotel in Garda for 2 weeks and Carlo leads rides nearly every day from the bike shop in Torbole. You can look up the ride programme online and choose the day/ride that suits you in advance.

Truly stunning riding and scenery in Garda.

Alternatively you can buy yourself the bike/hike route map when you arrive for about a fiver and plan the route yourself. We found Carlo’s routes a bit short (wanted to ride dawn-dusk!) so most days planned our own route using this map, once you’re out in the mountains the trail signposting is superb and you can’t go wrong.

The routes are graded by colour with difficulty on the map too, so you can choose the level of technicality. Red is defintely DH full armour worthy – its not like a UK trail centre red!

If you’re not into uphilling (typically we would be riding uphill for several hours each day) Carlo organises uplifts too.

Enjoy!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda MTBing?’ is closed to new replies.