Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lakes Trail Centre closures Sat. March 6th
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

just to remind you Grizedale and Whinlatter are partially interdicted this Saturday 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Since when did such minor things as, there being no legal right to be there, affect the bogtrotters route choices?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Since when did such minor things as, there being no legal right to be there, affect the bogtrotters route choices?

it's worse than that, apparently these draconian legal closures make presence in the area a criminal offense if not spectating with permission 🙁 Needless to say, I have ignored them myself, but I wouldn't lead others there in such circumstances 🙂

yetiguy
    Free Member

does that mean borrowdale bash is out then? 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

does that mean borrowdale bash is out then?

none of the places mentioned is in Borrowdale, so no 🙂

crazy-legs

it's worse than that, apparently these draconian legal closures make presence in the area a criminal offense if not spectating with permission

I'd have thought the risk of being mown down by a car sliding round a corner would have put off most normal people rather than the criminal aspect of it…

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

With respect these 'draconian' legal closures aren't just there to try and catch people out, they are there for safety. I've done some marshalling on the Trackrod in Dalby, and seen a woman walking her dogs on the course 'because she always did on Saturdays'. If by specifying legally that it is spectators only then if makes people aware that there is something happening in the area how is that unfair? Better than being collected by a rally car at 60mph that's for sure.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'd have thought the risk of being mown down by a car sliding round a corner would have put off most normal people rather than the criminal aspect of it…

not unless you're deaf 🙂

stoney
    Free Member

I`ll be up there spectating. Usually on the Pond (which you pass on the Altura Blue)as there is a bump on the inside of the corner which has caught a few drivers out. Last year there were 2 that rolled! 😯

carbon337
    Free Member

a slight deviation from the thread but what are the current conditions for the Borrowdale bash or Whinlatter? Any snow?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Any snow?

don't be a tart!

carbon337
    Free Member

dont fancy driving 2.5hrs to ride in the snow thats all….

However I am a tart yes

anc
    Free Member

Most definately snow I'd say, couple of inches dumped last night around cockermouth. Whinlatter and the bash are excellent in the snow so don't let that put you off. In my experience, the bash is easier if its snowed as the snow fills in the gaps 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

bike vs rally car, I'l go elsewhere

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I had a look across the Bay this morning on the way to work and all the Lakeland peaks are covered in snow 🙂

bike vs rally car, I'l go elsewhere

no rally in Borrowdale!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I remember waking up one morning in my flat in Cockermouth to a huge amount of noise with a stinking hangover. There were 10 guys erecting the start ramp and testing the PA for the Malcom Wilson at about 6am 🙁 but the show of new and classic rally cars was worth sitting in the window and watching for most of the morning

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

bump

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lakes Trail Centre closures Sat. March 6th’ is closed to new replies.