Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Launch – Singular Pegasus Titanium
  • Sam

It's been quite some time in coming but I really think it's worth been getting right. I'm really happy to introduce our first production Ti model, the Pegasus. The geometry is very similar to the well liked Swift, just with a little lower front end for a bit more racy position. The feathery weight of 1600g (3.5lbs) helps with the racy feeling as well…

Made by Nevi in Italy from grade 9 3Al 2.5V titanium using the highest quality construction methods this frame is on or above par with any other Ti frame available. The three main tubes are butted and oversized to maintain stiffness as well as a nice ride. A sealed argon chamber is used to ensure zero contamination and perfect weld penetration. The frame carries a lifetime warranty.

A proprietary process is also used for the downtube logo. Bronze photoengraving means the logo becomes part of the downtube, and the panel area has a 'hi-tech' finish for contrast.

A choice of SS, geared or both is available thanks to a Phil Wood half link eccentric and whether or not you would like gear cable stops.

Geared mode

Singlespeed
    A bit more carbon is sending this bike sub 17lbs… A geared, suspended, light but not crazy light build will come in around 21-22 lbs.

We are taking orders for these now for delivery in February.

For more info see the website

Thanks for looking, and sorry for the spam, but I thought some of you guys may like it.

Sam

firestarter
    Free Member

as always (but more so this time) very very nice sam 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

Sam thats lovely, might want a bit of sus for the forks around the Summit series though! You going to let your mate ride one or are you out to beat him NEXT year?

Martin_pendle
    Free Member

That looks fantastic, especially with the niner forks.

bigsi
    Free Member

Anyone know the going rate for a kidney these days 😆

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

FAIL – Pedals not level and grass needs raking, other than that, not bad

cynic-al
    Free Member

Lovely pics Sam, lovely bikes too.

I kind of wish I needed a bike you make…

acjim
    Free Member

normally can't bear 29rs but that one in SS mode is lovely – if I had the ££ I'd be sorely tempted!

pjt201
    Free Member

has the ss got carbon rims with dugast cx tubs on?

rOcKeTdOg

lovely right up to the niner forks which look awful, niner forks only on niners bikes please they just don't seem to fit any other

hmmm lynsky cotic or singular for £1500 i know which i'd go for!

alias
    Free Member

I agree…beautiful frame….. forks on the Air9 Carbon only please! 🙂

bent_udder
    Free Member

I think those forks go quite well, actually. Nice bike, shame I'm too much of a shortarse to fit one….

Which would you go for, Rocketdog?

clunker

Lush, ss for me please santa.

Sam

Sam thats lovely, might want a bit of sus for the forks around the Summit series though! You going to let your mate ride one or are you out to beat him NEXT year?

It'll take a 100mm fork no problem, just wanted to have a rigid on fore the winter. Steve has one as well, waiting on a couple of bits to get it built.

has the ss got carbon rims with dugast cx tubs on?

Yes and no – they are carbon rims and Dugast tubs, just not cx ones, they are 700×45.

The Cotics are made by Merlin not Lynskey – saw it at the London Show and it looked amazing. Thankfully they are a bit different from one another thanks to the wheelsize.

shame I'm too much of a shortarse to fit one….

Can do custom sizing for a small upcharge… 😉

Sam

Blackhound

A Singular frame box appeared in our office this morning. Same Christian name as me as well. Not mine though and will be too big. WIll try to get a look when purchaser returns.

Always liked the Singular frames but have to many others to get another one.

sheldona
    Free Member

Stunning as ever Sam, there is no other choice when it come to Ti bikes in that price catogory imo.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Oooooooo Oooooo

kelvin

I really like the Niner forks. Must be a Marmite thing.

Sam, Merlin faffed and faffed, and then offered an alternative, ask Cy about it privately. Soda is now being made by Lynskey instead as they have a serious approach to doing the building, and are nice and communicative to boot.

Still loving the copper effect downtube logo. Sweet as!

rOcKeTdOg

mike, i've had a Soul and i've still got a Swift, i think that's answer enough*

*i've also still got a MKI P.A. too 😉

Sam

Soda is now being made by Lynskey instead…

Sorry, behind the times as always!

kelvin

I prefer the term "classic timeless styling" over "behind the times" = ;87)

brant
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the bloke taking the picture, huddled in the argon chamber when that welding was going on.

radoggair
    Free Member

how strong is that bottom bracket area?. Two bolts holding it together after some time will surely weaken under tha load meaning a cracked frame??. Cant also be good for bottom bracket longevity which in the your pics doesn't seem to be sitting properly

A nice frame but i have my reservations

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh nurse! I've made another mess!

damn it Sam, thats bloody lovely!!

Daffy

Sam, how close is the rear wheel to the front Mech?

Sam

how strong is that bottom bracket area?. Two bolts holding it together after some time will surely weaken under tha load meaning a cracked frame??. Cant also be good for bottom bracket longevity which in the your pics doesn't seem to be sitting properly

The bb is plenty strong for purpose. The shell clamps the eccentric solidly and the BB is housed within that. In any case you can choose a standard bb shell if you wish. Don't know what you mean about the bb 'not sitting properly'?

how close is the rear wheel to the front Mech?

Reasonably close but it fits. Depends a little on the mech.

miketually
    Free Member

Don't know what you mean about the bb 'not sitting properly'?

At a guess, a combination of the fifth photo and not understanding what the E in EBB stands for 😉

psychle
    Free Member

that's lovely… really lovely. maybe a birthday present for myself next year, we shall see 🙂

kelvin

That welding photo is ace.

thekingofsweden

😀

Daffy

Sam, where did you get the Niner forks from?

radoggair
    Free Member

At a guess, a combination of the fifth photo and not understanding what the E in EBB stands for

Just googled bottom bracket EBB and now understand better what EBB means ( although dont understand fully, way to technical for me/ time consuming to understand )

In that case, nice frame!!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

wouldn't normally comment on things like this (whether its ragley, on one etc), but i have to say, that is pretty darn stunning – not even a particular fan of the swifts tbh (purely on aesthetics).
    it looks classy, well made, a bit different and (if that figure is correct) a blummin good price all things considered. if i had £1500 i'd be saying good bye to my scandium kula 29 frame, and whacking my rohloff in one of those.

oh, and that photo from inside the argon welder – awesome! never realised thats how its done!

Saccades
    Free Member

Radoggair – This picture allows you to see a EBB a bit better, the actual BBB (HT1 in this case) doesn't sit in the centre of the circle made by the frame, but offset. This means that you can twist the BB around which increases or decreases the distance between the rear axel in the wheel and the front axel in the BB.

Sorry sam if I've hijacked.

I do love that downtube, very understated, very sexy.

Sam

Daffy

Sam, where did you get the Niner forks from?

singlespeed.nl

brant
    Free Member

Two bolts holding it together after some time will surely weaken under tha load meaning a cracked frame??.

M6 bolts have a very high load rating – they seem to quite cope well with the shear force loadings caused by disc brakes on IS mounts.

Also, the EBB "split shell" design is perhaps the oldest system in use, having been used very successfully on tandems and single bikes for many many years.

Good sized bolt bosses and nice welds on there would give me no worries.

thekingofsweden

They are M8 so plenty strong enough.

The shell is also internally butted and super stiff

brant
    Free Member

M8's? Even better.

I remember one of my lecturers telling me an M8 bolt will hold 3 tons in tension (like that).

MisterT

flipping hell…. that is simply divine! ooohhhh baby, the sort of bike that needs to be loved, and taken into the bedroom in place of the missus… sorry love, you'll need to sleep in the spare room

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Launch – Singular Pegasus Titanium’ is closed to new replies.