Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Lego – in't it brilliant
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Best toy ever. FACT.

Cougar

Only went the the Lego store.

Ah, fair enough.

I inadvertently hit report post when copying your thread.

Wah!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Has someone been racist? On a Lego thread?? 😯

Only on STW….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

My last Lego purchase for myself was quite a few years ago and was a Millennium Falcon (Lego Star Wars 4505) I still have the box in the back of a cupboard, but the kit is built and on top of a display cabinet in the living room. I let my youngest play with it whenever he wants.

I’ve just seen one on sale on the internet for £575 😯

matth75
    Free Member

What about that advert in the 80’s (?) when the Lego truck had a helicopter come out the back of it like some transformer, am I remembering that right? I looked on youtube but couldn’t see it. That was class & I spent ages trying to copy it! 😀

Cougar

Was that the same one that had Tommy Cooper narrating it?

Cougar

This one – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2nL5sSSvd0

… evidently not, having just rewatched it.

bob_summers

i used to be a toolmaker, lego mould tools were supposedly the most accurate/ had the tightest tolerances in the business. that was years ago like, but cool if it was true…

Cougar

I’ve heard similar stories, the tolerances are tiny.

spacemonkey

Lego rocks!

Who else remembers the year books with loads of pics of layouts/ideas/builds/etc?

And who else was jealous of the kits your mates had? I remember my best mate having the big spaceship (as per image above) on his window sill and I was soooo envious. I had loads of space kits including the other two pictured, but that big ship always eluded me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I had that book! Might even have some pages of it around somewhere. Came with a sheet of stickers, which I found in the box of bits.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

i used to be a toolmaker, lego mould tools were supposedly the most accurate/ had the tightest tolerances in the business. that was years ago like, but cool if it was true…

Sounds about right. Remember when you went round to your friends’ house and they had some impostor bricks that had a loose fitting and were made of inferior plastics? No impostor bricks in my house.

Unfortunately in my teenage years I sold a huge box of all my Lego for £10 – beer money.

Hohum
    Free Member

I can remember spending hours and hours buidling stuff with lego!

What I enjoyed building the most was spaceships. Great big ones that looked like the Star Destroyers from Star Wars 🙂

My son is now getting into the lego habit as well.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member
    Bigtrak is back!!

I know – the local Modelzone in the Trafford Centre had some on display, and I wanted to demonstrate it to my son, sadly they said (saturday afternoon) it was too busy 😡

I’ve dropped enough hints to mean that I should be waking up to one for Christmas!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I remember getting into technical Lego – the “car chassis” was utterly brilliant!

Our boy has just turned 2 and got some Duplo Lego for his Birthday. Can’t wait to get him some more “grown up” stuff soon!

DezB
    Free Member

I once built a Chinook helicopter out of Lego. From scratch of course, not a kit.

Well actually, it was 2 months ago, for my boy. He bloody loves it!

Pics available!

Torminalis
    Free Member

It might actually be worth having kids just to play with lego all over again.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Lego rocks. Bestest toy ever.

I had one of these

And one of these

And I think one of these

Plus loads and loads of other stuff.
    Always wanted the car chassis though, but it was always more than I could afford with my birthday money 🙁

RustySpanner

DezB – Member

I once built a Chinook helicopter out of Lego. From scratch of course, not a kit.

Well actually, it was 2 months ago, for my boy. He bloody loves it!

Pics available!

Well show us then!

GaryLake
    Free Member

This was pretty badass…

one_bad_mofo

Ooh such a wonderful trip down memory lane. This thread sent me Googling and I found this gem of a site – http://www.ericalbrecht.com/technic/index.html

noteeth
    Free Member

It was of formative importance in my life.

Annoyed me when people mixed up their Castle & Space stuff, though. 😕

robdob
    Free Member

Plus loads and loads of other stuff.
    Always wanted the car chassis though, but it was always more than I could afford with my birthday money

Remember Dad used to go WILD when we left bricks lying around. Forget land mines for the military, just scatter the fields with Lego and they’d have no chance!
    I remember all those kits you had!
    Remember we used to try and make the longest cars we could in the bedroom. My Best memory of them was we never had a rack and pinion steering system so they were just a steering wheel directly attached to a huge tiller type axle – like a traction engine…

Good times!

RustySpanner

Wouldn’t be STW without a bit of ‘religious controversy’ content:

The Brick Testament.

I particularly like ‘Son of Man’s Bloody Gorefest’ in Revelation. 🙂

verses

one_bad_mofo, that site’s superb!!!!

This should be sat in my folks loft as we speak/type…

I always wanted this;

and later this;

But couldn’t persuade ‘Santa’ that it was a good idea…

ski
    Free Member

Went to Legoland Windsor (my little ones 4th) & I can report the wasps have gone!

If anyone here has little ones collecting Lego minifigures series 2 http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx, my oldest has to swap:

Ringmaster
    Traffic Cop

She needs:

Surfer
    Vampire

To complete her collection, get in touch 😉

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

My misses started telling her friends that I was really good at lego, I thought that was a bad thing, I would rather she said I was good at sex or something but oh no, it has to be lego.

Anyway I get to spend more time playing with lego – just built a techics go-kart, very cool 🙂

beamers

Oh fantastic thread.

Some of the sets on here are lurking in my folks attic awaiting the arrival of my daughter at Lego age.

I’ve got both those Technical Lego cars from the first page, the pneumatic and tracked excavator plus a whole load of Space Lego stuff.

Can’t wait to get amongst it again (and the Scalextric set)

richmtb

Brilliant thread, I had the Lego Test Car. Technic was the best. No idea where it all went, younger cousins probably when I got into gaming instead. Still wish I had it all!

StirlingCrispin

Brilliant thread.
    My two year old spent this morning building a Lego castle for his princess (aka Peppa Pig). My four-year old then built a spaceport for it. Wonderful to watch.

And tonight I have promised them I will build up my Lego Mindstorms set – my present from Santa last xmas and what you lot all want for next Xmas!
    http://mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx

beamers

Lego Mindstorms set = tres cool. I want one.

Cougar

Blakbird’s site, above, is a bit US-centric. There’s a few US-only sets on there that I’ve never seen, and a good number missing. There was a tractor and a forklift in the 70’s, for a start.

Cougar

Ah, here.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=*technic

Complete list of Technic sets.

nuke

Huge fan of Lego and now I have a son myself its been great…certainly love the Star Wars Lego although my son and I have gone a slightly different route in collecting the mini figures (60+ so far)….

….then came the mini-figures series

Dougal
    Free Member

First lego set, for what was my 5th birthday:

Lego Tipper Truck 6527 by douglasfshearer, on Flickr

Our standard chess set:

Prepared For Battle by douglasfshearer, on Flickr

Bought this when it came out two years ago, great fun:

Finished by douglasfshearer, on Flickr

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

As part of a completely grown up project I’m thinking about, I need some meccano 9becasue leg’s for kids), and used to have a pocket sized mini set which would probably have done. Not much on fleabay, so having a look round the shops, and it all seems to be dedicated kits that make certain models, with instructions. IIRC, meccano and lego used to be just some stuff that you played with and built whatever came to mind (or whatever you ended up with), nt what you were told to. Do kids these days need to be told what to build or can you just buy sets that are a load of bits and pieces for you to get on with yourself?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Oh good grief, I’ve just posted using the phrase “kids these days”

BigJohn

iain1775
    Free Member

lego printer – awesome

locomotive

My most treasured Christmas present ever was a Lego Pub/Inn.

It came with a landlady, and a few boozers that probably should of been guarding the castle.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Lego – in't it brilliant’ is closed to new replies.