Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Lidl workstands
  • azarat
    Free Member

Now back in stock ready for tomorrow mornings rush. Just picked mine up.

billysugger
    Free Member

How much and are they any good?

Rosss
    Free Member

Is it holding up alright ? At that price I think I might have to go and pick one up

igorl
    Free Member

Well, its “ok”, I guess. It does hold the bike, but you cannot rotate it, plastic bits are not strong enough to hold it in any other way than what gravity dictates. Some DIY might improve this.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What do you mean you’ve just picked yours up? They’re not ‘available’ until tomorrow, surely?

Tsk. People sweet talking the manager into letting them have one tonight so’s they can avoid the rush tomorrow, well out of order. 😉

Well worth the £30 imo. As good as ones costing twice, three times as much that I’ve seen. As Igorl sez, a bit of tweaking can improve it, but for occasional use say once a month or so it should hold up fine for a few years at least. It seems very simliar to another ‘budget’ stand I’ve seen that I’m sure was at least eighty quid.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

People sweet talking the manager

😳 Justified by explaining that I’ve missed out twice before. Just put mine up and put my HT on it. Seems useful.

Taff
    Free Member

Can someone post a picture please?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Taff
    Free Member

Worth a look I think, thanks for that

azarat
    Free Member

no sweet talking involved. Just walked in and they were already out on the floor for sale.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I got one last year when then did this offer – still impressed for £30!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Justified by explaining that I’ve missed out twice before.

Exactly my excuse! 😀 True though. If you can’t get there first thing (always a Thursday, can’t make it first thing there on a Thursday!!) then they just disappear. Went once at 10.30- all gone.

Ciderinsport; how’s it held up over a year?

cyclebiker

I hope that no one from Bristol is reading this, I am not be able to get to Lidi until I have finished work. 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Did you know that this is the most popular forum amongst Brizzolian cyclists?

cyclebiker

Bugger.

MussEd
    Free Member

I got one the last time they had them in. P1sh utter! The clamp is pants, when eventually you do get it fastened round a bit of your bike, the bike slips round until whichever end is heaviest hits the ground.

A waste of £30, i would recommend saving the extra money to put towards one a bit more expensive with a better clamp…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Or, you could simply tweak the clamp so’s it don’t slip round. Din’t take me long to fettle it. You must simply be crap at mekaniking. 😉

Thing is, there’ aren’t any that are ‘a bit more spensive’. They’re all a lot more spensive, like twice, three times as much.

And a lot of them aren’t much better. Trust me, I’ve used loads of workstands in me time, and the LiDL one is surprisingly good for the money. If I were going to get something ‘better’, then I’d get a Park one or something proper decent, and they cost hundreds of thousands of pounds.

depth-junkie
    Free Member

Got one last year, going great. Cant go wrong for 30 rips IMHO use it for my 2 MTB’s & my road race bike. Handles the road bike better (lighter bike) but is fine for a the mtb’s also.

cookeaa

Foolishly paid a touch over the odds for the same one from ebay last year ~£40 odd I think…

still working fine…

For £30 its a bargain really, not exactly state of the art but does the job, holds the bike doesn’t fall over, what more do you need home spannering…

duffle
    Free Member

I picked one up last year….the lady behind the counter got up from her seat toddled off and come back with a paper and told me to buy the paper??? WTF??
    All credit though there was a £5 off voucher in the paper that she promptly scan so cost me £25……now you don’t get that service everywhere!

chojin
    Free Member

Just picked one up from southampton lidl – loads there for whoever wants one (was tempted to get two just in case anyone on here missed out)

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Now playing with mine. Never had a workstand before so this is a massive improvement over that even if only for fettling the kids bikes.

Xar
    Free Member

Just got mine from the leyland store, still got 5 left if anyones interested. Also picked up a tool kit to put on my daughters bike, she likes being self sufficent.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Bought one from the local Lidl first thing this morning. On putting it together it seems pretty solid. The plastic parts probably need to be treated with a bit of care if they are to last but the general quality is no worse than a ten year old Minoura stand I have in the garage which has become increasingly battered and rusty over the last couple of years.

For thirty quid it’s worth a look.

Brooker99
    Free Member

Just got one from the Amesbury store. Going to take a while until I get home from work to see if the £30 was well spent or not.

Still plenty left though…

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Just got mine from Chapel Allerton store seems pretty good for £30 and fairly solid. And they had at least 16 in at 8 o’clock this morning.

RustyMac

For all of you that have just bought one, I have had one for about a year and so far the best solution I have found to preventing the clamp twisting has been to put in a layer of cloth backed sand paper between the plastic parts and the metal. I initially used plumbers tape but that was useless. Getting the sand paper to fit where you want it can be a little awkward but persevere as it makes a big difference.

andyl
    Free Member

balls! forgot to pop to Lidl this morning on the way into Brizzle.

kayak23

Picked up mine from warwick. Seems pretty solid, though the little telescopic arm which is supposed to hold your bars straight was broken. Not sure if I can be arsed to take it back.
    Seems pretty good, big footprint with the legs extended out.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

surely the pic is wrong – you should be holding the bike on the seatpost?

how does the clamp handle that?

allthepies
    Free Member

I own a Park stand, superb. Cost more than Lidl but then I’m worth it 🙂

instanthit
    Free Member

Just got mine from Exeter store as has colleague.
    All i need now is the the mechanical know how to fix bike when in said stand.

osteo1
    Free Member

Just got mine from Crowborough store still loads left look forward to modifying my bike stand as well as my bike!!

chojin
    Free Member

Someone has gone to the southampton store and cleaned them out of stock… there were loads only a couple of hours ago :/

kayak23

I have had one for about a year and so far the best solution I have found to preventing the clamp twisting has been to put in a layer of cloth backed sand paper between the plastic parts and the metal. I initially used plumbers tape but that was useless. Getting the sand paper to fit where you want it can be a little awkward but persevere as it makes a big difference.

I found a couple of threaded knobs and drilled through the bracket and tube on the bracket which clamps the frame(the little silver knurled knob in the centre), then one at the clamp where the junction is between the clamp bar and vertical bar(you can just see it at the back). Put a few holes in the tube on this one in different positions to allow different clamping angles. Sorted…

Zedsdead
    Free Member

kayak23 – do you work in a school in Greenock?…

kayak23

No, a college in Warwickshire… Like your powers of observation though…

Zedsdead
    Free Member

haha! It looks just like a school I cleared last year. Nice flooring.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Again I say – are you not suppossed to be clamping the seatpost?

Clamping the frame is suppossed to be a bad idea if it has any form of butting to reduce weight.

andyl
    Free Member

FAO anyone in Bristol – Was still some in the Lidl on the corner by Southmead hospital this afternoon. Picked up one to take a look at but might take it to the jumble on Sat if I decide to wait and splash out on a Feedback Sports one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Lidl workstands’ is closed to new replies.