Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Light Weight Tents.
  • singlespeedstu

I’m looking for a light weight two person tent that packs down small enough to go on a pannier rack. But will also be warm enough for when the weather does it’s usual summer thing of raining and blowing a gail.

Oh and no more than £300 please.

Or am i looking for the moon on a stick? 😐

twang
    Free Member
    druidh
    Free Member
    singlespeedstu

twang.

Thanks but I’m looking for more of a geodesic type of thing.

Things I have considered so far are.

The North Face Big Fat Frog and an MSR Hubba Hubba HP.

Anyone use either of these?

druid.

I’ll have a good hunt round on there thanks.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I have an earlier version of this tent. Sturdy and very cheap!

Vango Alpha 200

16x16x50cm 2.75kg. Sorta on the heavy and large side, but for £30 can you so much better?

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Terra nova do lightweight tents, as you may already know. I was lucky when i bought mine to get a factory shop display model for cheap. Dont know the website add, but i ordered it over the net as they sell seconds on there (Dont be put off by the word seconds). Hope this helps.

John_Rowlands
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

i cant not recomend my vaude taurus 2 stu .

it was good to me . 2 years old and did 4 months of continuous up and down every day before one of the poles split …but its still servicable and i just need to get round to sending them off to vaude for a replacement set to be sent out.

other than that a popular cycle touring tent that popped up time and time a gain when we met tourers was an MSR mutha hubba tent. Considering it for my next tour. One thing i said lots in nz was If we were to do this again im taking a bigger tent. But that was a 4 month tour not a 2 week tour etc …

firestarter
    Free Member

my old man has a little terrenova one very good and decent head room unlike my tnf mountain marathon lol

nunuboogie
    Free Member

second terra nova worth checking out the site for sales / ex-display models.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wildcountry trisar? I have one from 20 yrs ago and its still totally waterproof despite much usage. Not as light as some but very robust. I have seen them for well under £200 which is pretty good considering I paid £300 in 1990. A bit bigger than your average 2 man tent as well.

It looks like the design has changed slightly

singlespeedstu

Cheers for all the reply so far.

Any one else care to chip in?

Sandwich

Lightwave T2 Trek XT monstrous beastie for 2, cosy 3 and will hold bikes in the vestibule. Weighs less than 3kg and less than £300. Looks like a tunnel tent but the poles have a pointy top to stabilise the tent in side winds, highly recommended (footprints are expensive though). Details here at the Outdoor Co-op.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I will warn you that the Vango Banshee 200, while sized as you may like (1.5kg 2 man tent, packs down to about 75mm x 300mm) its also bloody freezing in any kind of wind. To get small and light they’ve made the interior mostly of mesh – the wind whistles straight through it even with the vents closed. Very good quality build but I used it a couple of weeks ago in Kinlochleven and nearly froze to death which is odd for someone who’s slept happily with the same bag and mat in a bush in -4, maybe I’m getting old!

kennyp
    Free Member

Hilleberg make superb lightweight tents. Not cheap, but well worth the money. Strong and easy to pitch.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Big agnes seed house. Picked one from ebay. Not well known in the Uk so you can grab a bargain. Cotswolds had a deal on the North Face tadpole. If you go for the tadpole check out the two different version carefully.

Spongebob
    Free Member

My Vango Alpha hasn’t got a mesh inner, it’s lightweight windproof nylon. The outer is a more sturdy fabric. This tent will withstand a strong breeze. The Banshee sounds like a hot climate/high summer tent.

I like cheap tents, “numpty” isn’t inclined to try and nick it!

Kbrembo
    Free Member

I have a mate selling a new Terra Nova Superlight Quasar.
    TENT

Think he is looking for around 350….will check this AM

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Light Weight Tents.’ is closed to new replies.