• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lock-on grips for around a tenner?
  • stewmtb
    Free Member

I'm after a decent set of lock-on's.

Need to be no more than a tenner and be OK with flat bars and bar ends.

Was looking at the on-one grips. Anyone had any experience with these? any others that are worth a look?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I brought some from Cyclelife in Nottingham that are part of the component range offered alongside Raleigh bikes. Can't remember the name but they were cheap (less than a tenner) and very good quality.

Jay
    Free Member

Imperial grips from MTB Direct

Here

steve_b77
    Free Member

Sooty -> you mean the outland ones, they're good.

I also like charge sponge, £10 and veyr nice

CountZero

Outland ones here as well, quality grips for not a lot of dosh. The On-One grips are Not for carbon bars, they use a pointy grub screw that goes into the 'bar, rather than a locking collar. I've previously used the original Lock-On's, but the Outland ones are just as good, and use a slightly larger 'key to tighten them up.

podman
    Free Member

I used to use Yeti's, they last for ever and have a decent amount of padding, but give me terrible blisters on my palms!

I'm now using Orange's lock-on grips, they're a ruffian clone like the Imperial's, and are pretty good but are wearing out quickly (I must hold on too tight!).

I'm tempted to try some ergon grips, but it's a lot of money to lay-out if I don't like them.

davygravy
    Free Member

These are the Outland Lock on grips mentioned above. I agree, they are great!

tangobravo
    Free Member

Chatting to Neil from Superstar at SITS they are doing lockons in a few weeks time for £7.99. Same as the outland and imperial ones but cheaper and a choice of colours.

He said he would email me pictures of his samples, hoping the pattern will be xtra grippy. Im waiting till then to see

gravity-slave
    Free Member

A tenner you say?! Hope this helps…

http://www.gravity-slaves.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=42

LMT
    Free Member

Ive got the Charge Spoon on both my bikes, but they are beginning to wear out, ive only had them a few months!

Any suggestions for some better ones would be good!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lock-on grips for around a tenner?’ is closed to new replies.