Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Long Mynd….
  • twang
    Free Member

Thinking about riding there for first time at weekend. Dug out old copies of mbr for routes (I know) and had a quick peruse on google earth. The drop down Minton Batch looks good stuff but the rest appears to be pretty tame double track. Is it all about Minton Batch or is there more? Shall I just go to Peaks instead?
    I thank thee….. 🙂

Rivett
    Free Member

Have a look down Bringewood way near Ludlow if it is dry. There is good riding there. Also Eastridge, North of the Stiperstones. The Longmynd itself has loads of good runs. Just get an OS map.

blastit
    Free Member

Best to stay in the Peaks really, Long Mynd is really boring.
    Known locally as the South Shropshire Plane.

twang
    Free Member

Thanks for that Rivett….. To the map shop!

mudshark
    Free Member

See if you can meet up with some locals – boring? I don't think so.

robinbetts
    Free Member

Had a good day there a month or so ago. Not the most technical riding, but an enjoyable day on the bike (great weather which helped). Was hoping for some more from Minton Batch after what I'd read about it, but was still a good long decent, although very rutty (nearly came a cropper a couple of times – ruts always get me). Basically, nice day out, but no great shakes.

Stoner
    Free Member

some great descents there.
    Mostly cheeky though 😉

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Not forgetting the descent down Packetstone hill to Minton or the 2 mile descent from Pole Cottage to Little Stretton or the tricky descent down The Batch into All Stretton, plus all the other shorter bits leading to and from Ratlinghope and Stiperstones, BORING! I don't think so!
    Hook up with a local.

robinbetts
    Free Member

Dr Mott's road is a good climb

Speshpaul

Just stay on the A5 like everyoneless, no riding in shropshire move along nothing to see here.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd….’ is closed to new replies.