Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Lux Interior RIP
  • slimtubing
    Free Member

One of the most original frontmen ever in my opinion.
    RIP Mad Daddy.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE5140P920090205

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

sad loss
    i agree Slim – seen the cramps a few times and was always very entertained by his onstage antics.

A true original – RIP

GW
    Free Member

Awww…

😥

gizzardman
    Free Member

Doubt you’ll get many replies on this one mate. Anyway i totally agree, one of the best front men and one of the best bands ever. Smell of Female in my top 10. I Managed to catch them at Rock City about 2 years ago… to be honest they were shite. RIP

DezB
    Free Member

Last time a track gave me goosebumps was listening to the Soulwax Radio mix and Human Fly started.. fab.

RIP

Napalm
    Free Member

This is very sad news, one of those iconic bands who I always thought would last forever. ‘New Kind of Kick’ will be played in respect on my commute home.

Did anyone else see them at Daze of Future Past in Leeds Queens Hall in 1981?

trailmonkey

RIP 🙁

Coyote
    Free Member

RIP.

slugwash
    Free Member

Lux RIP :0(

My personal Cramps favourite……
    Bikini Girls with Machine Guns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBo4wZmH0UQ

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sad news that.

Interior, whose real name was Erick Lee Purkhiser, was born October 21, 1946, in Ohio. He met Ivy in 1972 and started the band shortly thereafter.

That means he was 62, not 52 as the report says.

mocha
    Free Member

Grrr.

:o(

saw them loads in the late 80’s – bloody FAB.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Songs the Lord Taught Us was one of the first albums I ever bought. RIP.

twohats
    Free Member

Sad news indeed.
    I grew up listening to The Cramps, courtesy of my brother.
    RIP. 🙁

MrAgreeable

That’s very sad news, a truly great band and apparently their live shows were still pretty wild too. Anyone seen the DVD of them performing at a mental hospital? It’s great, you don’t know who’s in the band and who’s in the audience!

metalheart
    Free Member

bless his cotton sox.

even used be a member of the ‘Legion’ back-in-the-day…

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Saw them in the late 80’s. There was a massive gong on stage which Lux climbed onto, gave a good whack then promptly fell off backwards… great gig, second only to the Ramones.

RIP

andrew
    Free Member

The Cramps were the best live band I have seen. My teen years were lived to an aural backdrop which was mostly of The Cramps and the twisted musical worlds I discovered through them. Bah. This is really sad news.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

R.I.P Lux, sad to hear the death of a real original.

MrNutt
    Free Member

🙁 rip Lux

Brunk
    Free Member

Sad news indeed. The Cramps were part of the soundtrack of my early 20’s. Saw them a few years back in Hammersmith and they were awesome. There was a real mix in the audience too; old types like me, younger kids who had just discovered them and a healthy amount of tattooed psychobillies of all ages. Lux was on top form.
    RIP

Reluctant
    Free Member

Never did get to see ’em live, but Cramps had a lot of ‘table time in the eighties in my house. “A date with Elvis” was my fave, that and “Off the bone”. Sure is a shame the old boy’s pegged it. 🙁

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Lux Interior RIP’ is closed to new replies.