Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Lyons – Buyers Beware
  • forge197
    Free Member

Lyons,

It's been over a week and not a single communication but you are posting on other threads, please confirm either you are to refund my money or post the pedals. You don't respond to a single e-mail.

Others looking to buy from Lyons beware.

In all the years I've been a member this is the first time I've had to do this when buying something and it's not very pleasant, I stopped selling on here because of jerks, looks like I will be stopping buying too, at least the banters good on the forums 🙂

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I had this with him a year or so ago. Don't worry he's not doing a runner. Just not very well organised. I think he's in the process of moving flats at the moment as well. Also enough people on here have ridden with him so someone should have a mobile number. Try Pook?

forge197
    Free Member

Any communication wouldn't go a miss regardless of personal circumstance, of which his is well documented on here.

Comforting that you did manage to get your goods.

If he has time to post on other threads then he has time to post on the relavent threads where I have asked for an update or reply to e-mail.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I agree that if he has time to post in threads then he can at least communicate. To clarify: I sold him a set of wheels which he wasn't happy with. I refunded him immediately without question. He then didn't send the wheels back. No response to emails. I eventually 'obtained' a home phone number for him (parents house). I got the wheels back about 2 weeks after refund. Personally I wouldn't deal with him again but like I say I don't think he's going to rip you off, just a bit disorganised.

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks Andy will see what transpires.

forge197
    Free Member

Nothing has transpired since this morning!!

forge197
    Free Member

Just in case Lyon's log's in this morning!!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

bump

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks Andy, I did have an e-mail saying they were sent Monday but I have received nothing and have sent two e-mails one to each of the address's I have for Lyons asking for the tracking details.

jedi

i was riding with lyons at corby tuesday. wierd he not on this thread

forge197
    Free Member

Well when you see him next Jedi tell him to refund my cash or send me the pedals. He did jump on another thread producing a second e-mail address which I sent a mail to this evening.

forge197
    Free Member

So one week after they were posted absolutely nothing and no response to e-mail though Lyons has been riding with Jedi which is nice, lucky he has pedals, it's luckier still I have another pair I can use.

If anyone .duncan or jedi see or speak to Lyons tell him to refund me, or contact me.

solamanda
    Free Member

He's sound. I've sent him a link to this thread.

forge197
    Free Member

Lyons has responded to an e-mail so thanks Solamanda if you prompted that. Giving to Wednesday for them to arrive and refund it not which would be the right outcome. Though I'd prefer the pedals as was looking forward to trying them.

lyons
    Free Member

Hi, sorry, didn't see this earlier, or other emails. Andy Hilton, no offence but you did sell me wheels with rusty spoke nipples, which I then took a short while to post back. Should be sorted by Wednesday regardless.

And solomanda, it was great riding yesterday, just need to sort myself a dh bike again … 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

Where did you ride yesterday?

lyons
    Free Member

I should say i hold no grudge against thre other andy and would buy from hum again…

lyons
    Free Member

Aston hill, on the dh courses on my xc hardtail. Great fun…

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Hang on sunshine. I sold you wheels where you had 12megapixel images off my dslr. The rust was clearly visible on the pics and they were priced accordingly. When you brought up the fact that you weren't happy, I refunded you immediately. I then waited over a week for the wheels. You didn't reply to 4 emails and I had to 'obtain' your parents home phone number in order to track you down! You cam out with some shit excuse about why you hadn't returned them. When the wheels were finally returned to me (another week later) they were filthy with a shitty mud coated cassette attached and no rims strips. Get fecked.

I think I've been quite polite about it really.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Just to balance, brought from Lyons in the past most happily

forge197
    Free Member

Just to conclude the thread, I got decent communications over the last few days which has been great and we set a dead line for the pedals to show, looks like they got lost in the post and still are, Lyons refunded me in full which is great and I appreciate the eventual outcome, thanks Lyons.

jedi

winner

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Lyons – Buyers Beware’ is closed to new replies.