Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Marmite Black Gold or The Devils Breath ????????
  • thewombles
    Free Member

You decide

epo-aholic
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, love it!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Bovril, marmite is for nancy boys.

numbnuts
    Free Member

has to be black gold

vimto
    Free Member

black gold for sure, doubly so when added to cheese on toast

noteeth
    Free Member

Fool’s gold.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

some people (including me and my kids) like it, others hate it. I’m not sure if there are many undecided or indifferent…

psychle
    Free Member

marmite = bad

vegemite = salty deliciousness 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

Horrid stuff. You might as well go and scrape bitumen off the road and stick it on your toast.

thepurist

psychle – Marmite >>> Vegemite. About 15 yrs ago I made a mistake and spread Vegemite on my toast as if it were Marmite, took a healthy bite and… I think I can still taste it.

psychle
    Free Member

I did the same thing with Marmite… will never forget the shock of the taste not being what I expected!

Not as bad as a friend of mine who thought it was chocolate spread and slathered it on his toast, took a bite and just about threw up 🙂

I guess it’s just what you’re brought up on eh?

Marmite = English

Vegemite = Australian

DezB
    Free Member

I’m not sure if there are many undecided or indifferent…

That’ll be me. I wouldn’t choose to have it on toast, but if I lick the knife after making my son a slice, doesn’t bother me. It’s just.. well.. ok.
    Sorry to ruin all this "love it or hate it stuff"

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Food of the gods, I’ve just this minute sunk my teeth into a nice hot piece of toast covered in it. the joys of being unemployed!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Spaceman
    Free Member

Black gold definately.

My partner and my two daughters hate it, my three year old son and me love it. A favourite joke of mine is mixing up the girls nutella on toast with the wee boy’s marmite, cue girls boaking and complaining!

miketually
    Free Member

Not as bad as a friend of mine who thought it was chocolate spread and slathered it on his toast, took a bite and just about threw up

I mistook horseradish sauce for bread sauce at a carvery once and put a massive spoonfull onto my beef.

wwaswas
    Ben_mw

This is Marmite the Paterdale, she very often has Devil’s (or Fish or Sheep Poo or just General Bad) Breath!

iDrew
    Free Member

Black Gold from me

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Marmite Black Gold or The Devils Breath ????????’ is closed to new replies.