Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mazda 3 (2207 model) where are the door switches?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Our car is playing up and the door light on the dashboard is constantly illuminated saying there is a door open when there isn’t. This has a knock on effect that the interior light is always on and the central locking won’t operate as it assumes a door is open.

However there doesn’t appear to be a pin switch so I am assuming the switch is somewhere in the locking mechanism – does anyone know and able to clarify?

Cheers

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crowd

Marko

It will be part of the catch mechanism. Pretty much the standard way these days.
    Hth
    Marko

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Back to the future?

geoffj

You should be grateful, you can lock it at night without the alarm going off….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It will be part of the catch mechanism. Pretty much the standard way these days

That’s what I thought – so, given that it had just been serviced and they had put white grease on all the catches, do you think that is what has caused the malfunction?

You should be grateful, you can lock it at night without the alarm going off….

Good point. But I can’t lock it either (even if I manually lock it, the boot is impossible to lock as there is no mechanism).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mazda 3 (2207 model) where are the door switches?’ is closed to new replies.