Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mendip bimble (snow content)
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just up from Wells to The Hunters' Lodge for beer/food/heat then playing in the woodland singletrack, finally bombing downhill and home. Snow is knackering!

knottie8
    Free Member

Ive had enough of the snow , its made the Qs unrideable . lack of riding is driving me mad ! Nice pics btw.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I made the mistake of trying to ride along Haldon drove road to Pen Hill: the wind has created deep and exoticly shaped drifts which I ploughed through – hiking boots are useful!

Stockhill Wood was eminently ridable but needed considerable effort. The field at Horrington was ace for carving fast turns and playing with drifting (I did crash).

What really made me giggle was a couple jo-ringing in the woods with alpine skis and very enthusiastic dogs pulling them. They were flying and it looked awesome fun – shame I have no pics – too slow.

oldfart

how was roger as warm a welcome as usual ! 😆

Gilles

He doesn't like mountain biker and prefer cavers, that's right? Or I got it completely wrong?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Roger and I get on splendidly; he and Jackie were regailing me with stories of winter '63 today. He prefers to see people out having fun in the hills and doesn't mind if you turn up drenched, muddied and slightly bleeding – this is normal.

It takes them a while to get used to new faces – that's all. It's best to go a few times with people he already knows. They do make me think of "The League of Gentlemen" 😀

oldfart

Lo G spot on !!!Don't go in there with a mobile though ! 😆 Just re read this Haldon Drove you must be mad .Reckon that's only rideable about one day a year !!!! 😯

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Haldon Drove – nah my usual cut through, it's tarmac. You're not thinking of the rutted mudfest at the Priddy end of Durston Drove are you?

oldfart

Yeah thats the one oops ! 😳

Clink

with alpine skis and very enthusiastic dogs pulling them

That's somebody i work with; they had a blast by all accounts!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mendip bimble (snow content)’ is closed to new replies.