• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mhuk.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Message from Rider Injured in Dyfi Enduro
  • Freester

Hi guys (and gals) I’m a friend of Mark who crashed on the section just after the feed station on the Dyfi Enduro this weekend and was sent to Shrewsbury via Air Ambulance. He doesn’t really do the online thing but wanted me to send a message on his behalf…

Mark just wanted to say thanks for all the concern and wellwishes that have been received on here and other forums / Facebook. As some of you already know he was actually OK after examination at the hospital. He got a concussion (hence the precautions for spinal injury) and a very sore left shoulder and body.

Mark just wanted to say thanks to the First Aiders, Paramedics, Marshalls, Race Organisers and Riders who assisted in getting him off the trail and to the hospital. He also appreciated all the offers of help and assistance from other riders. Mark would also like apologise to those riders who were held up whilst the course was closed and he was moved off the trail.

The concern and well wishes from all those involved and fellow riders has been overwhelming. Mark is looking forward to getting back on his bike in a few weeks time.

The Dyfi Enduro is #1 MTB Event in the UK IMHO. Can’t wait to see you all next year…

Olly
    Free Member

good to hear all is well 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

Nice one. Glad to hear he’s OK.

Jimbo
    Free Member

One important question remains unanswered, however: did he hum the tune to Airwolf and/or Ride of the Valkyries to himself whilst in the chopper?

Freester

He he I think it was a slightly more chilled tune. He was enjoying the shot of morphine the paramedic had administered just before he got on the whirlygig.

shinsplints

This is good news – glad to hear he is ok.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

yep,
    glad he’s ok.. and heck, not to worry about hold up!

turqoisedays
    Free Member

Good to hear that he’s okay,it looked really bad when he came out on the stretcher, must have been like an evac from Nam on the Air Ambulance and no shame in it like coming back in the broom wagon like me!

I crashed in the same area, front wheel is completely annihilated, I ended up slashing my elbow needing stitches, cracked ribs and bad slate rash, landing on sharp slate really hurts.Needless to say it was game over for me.
    Back for more of it next year.
    Dyfi Enduro rules.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

He was enjoying the shot of morphine

I once tried that (after breaking my wrist) and it was horrible 🙁 It’s OK if you’re in severe pain (which I wasn’t on that occasion) but otherwise UGHHH!!

fbk
    Free Member

That’s great news – always worrying when the air ambulance turns up.

I certainly wouldn’t worry about holding anyone up – I think quite a few people were very close to injury on that ride, me included – thank god for helmets, knee pads and good fortune!

And it wasn’t a race anyway 😉

You gotta love the Dyfi!

shinsplints

Just tell your buddy it was fine,we all got to run back across & get some more of that luscious flapjack at the feed stop !! BEST FLAPJACK EVER !

cxi
    Free Member

I got lobbed off my bike at the same place, but Lady Luck smiled and I managed to land on my bike and run down the hill a bit.

Good to know he’s okay.

mhuk
    Free Member

Good to hear he’s OK. We were there when the red chopped landed- impressive 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Message from Rider Injured in Dyfi Enduro’ is closed to new replies.