Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Metal Badge for Head Tube…. update on a long lost thread
  • mAx_hEadSet

Just a heads up post…. I was reading a thread by a rider seeking bling metal head tube badges on the old ( sobs) forum here last year. As my Cove G-Spot had shed it’s own, I was interested when Geoff Moorhouse popped up offering to make Pewter Badges here in the UK for some significant amount less then the Bike jewellery that a popular cycling silversmith was pushing out in the US.

I asked him to make me a Cove Badge and agreed to help him the art work then kind of forgot about it. Anyhow just before xmas Geoff emailed me to ask if I was still interested and a positive reply to him solicited an “it’s in the post” response…. and this is what I got

and this is what it looks like fitted

Any one else interested Geoff is talking about £12 plus P+P he can be emailed at <<gemo at f2s dot com>>

I don’t like posting phone numbers on an open forum but anyone seriously interested, I have his phone number

alpin
    Free Member

nice.

just realised my new DB alpine comes with a sticker. it upset bout that. may be worth doing something like you’ve done sometime in the furture…..

…..if i’m feeling pimp and plush.

J

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think I saw an Alpine frame with a metal head tube badge on it. Seems like a very good price (i wont be getting one though – bit pointless) compared to how much most things like that cost in the mtb world.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you’ll be having far too much fun riding it

ken_shields
    Free Member

Geoff does a badge for Dialled Bikes

Here’s a pic of the one I had on my Morning Glory

alpin
    Free Member

i was thinking something with union jack would be good. shame my sanderson had a union sticker on it but was covered by front mech.

don’t see many steel framed bikes here. seems like an english thing. would like to shout it a bit more….

oldgrump08
    Free Member

alpin – I want to get a new badge for my sanderson, was thinking in terms of a more appealing ‘s’ than their logo. Let me know if you want to get something similar. My mail andybu@gmail.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Metal Badge for Head Tube…. update on a long lost thread’ is closed to new replies.