Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • [MM] Mountain Mayhem Spare place available?
  • Killer
    Free Member

I know it's early but anyone out there need a rider for Mountain Mayhem?

Tempted to do it this year, but haven;t got myself organised in time or even got a team together.

Semi decent endurance racer, been off racing for a year, but training up for this year. quite happy racing in a quick, slow or distinctly average team.

You're welcome to look up some previous results if you like
    (caveat , past performance is not an indication of future returns. your investment may go down as well as up)

psychle
    Free Member

Solo spot of interest?

chunkydaz
    Free Member

Psychle – Is this still available? I would be interested.

jimr80
    Free Member

Killer,
    Our team has a spare spot we're looking to fill.
    If you want to make up the numbers your welcome to join us.
    We're 3 guys aged 41-45 of fair fitness who are doing Mayhem for the 2nd time. Our aim is to finish the 24hrs , enjoy ourselves and put in some respectable laps.
    Get in touch if your still interested.

jimr80, if killer doesn't join your team, I'd be interested, which would leave my solo place available for chunkydaz if he doesn't take psychle's place.

Yes, I'm confused too. 😕
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mountain-mayhem-my-solo-place-available-if-i-can-get-a-place-in-a-pair?replies=3#post-1471667

I've entered solo, but now think I made the wrong choice.
    If I can get a place on a team, I'll swap.
    If I can't, I'll make the most of my solo attempt.

Age 47
    101st/150 solo male at MM last year.
    10th/48 solo male at Set2Rise last weekend.

psychle
    Free Member

sorry chaps, my solo spot has been taken… knew I should've held out a bit longer for my £80! 😆

Well mine's still available if I get on jimr80's team, although it's only fair that killer gets first dibs, it's his thread after all.
    "enjoy ourselves and put in some respectable laps." sounds like my style of racing. I think I was lapping in about 1:15 last year. Naturally, I could up my pace a bit as part of a team.

chunkydaz
    Free Member

Cheers Militant, let me know if you get any joy on getting in a team. I will remain interested in a solo spot if I can get one!

jimr80
    Free Member

Militant,
    I will confirm with you tomorrow evening with regards the spot in our team, as one of the lads i ride with has shown some interest this evening .
    What ever he decides to do i'll let you know.

jimr80
    Free Member

the update on the team spot is that it is available . So if your interested get in touch and we can sort stuff out.
    Email in profile.

Jim, there's no email in your profile.
    Mine's aecmilitant tiscali co uk

What's happened to killer ?
    Seems a bit rude hijacking his thread and his team place, but if he first posted a week ago and not since, I guess he's made other arrangements.

Chunkydaz, once I've sorted out the details with jimr80, my place is yours, we can sort out the cash on the day.

Are any of you at Bristol this weekend ?

chunkydaz
    Free Member

Militant – That is terrific news. Thanks very much.

Gosh what am I letting myself in for!

I am currently away in the USA until Saturday, but I am happy to sort out a bank transfer for you from then on if it helps with cash. I am not sure, but I think that its posible to contact the organisers about name changes etc. – I have done this in the past.

My e-mail address is djhartley72athotmaildotcom

Not at Bristol this weekend as only get back to UK on Saturday but I'm doing Marin Rough Ride the following weekend if anyone is out to play then.

jimr80
    Free Member

Millitant,
    i know what your saying about hijacking Killers thread.
    If you want i can give him 24hrs to come back to me. If there's no reponse then its yours and i'll email you .

shinsplints

I've got one for sale over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jim, can we stick with the arrangement we've got now ?
    If killer hasn't replied on his own thread for a week and Daz and myself are committed to the present plan, I think it's best if we go with it. Greatest good for the greatest number and all that. Maybe he can do a deal with shinsplints.

Daz, I'll be at Rough Ride. That's one of the reasons I regretted trying to ride 24 solo last year. MM came as the last of 4 weekends of hard riding after Set2Rise, Bristol and Marin. Same again this year and it's a bit much for me.

jimr80
    Free Member

Millitant,
    i'm fine with that. i'll email you this evening with my contact number and we can sort out the details then.

jimr80
    Free Member

Millitant,
    YGM. (hopefully)

Killer
    Free Member

Hi there everyone. Many apologies for missing out on my own thread. Wish I could work out how to get stw to e-mail me when my threads get posts.

I'm still looking for a place, but you guys seem to have got it all sorted here, so I think you guys ought to go with your plan as you've agreed with one another.

I shall keep an eye out for other places

for info my last solo was in 2007 I was 13th I think, but I doubt I'm anywhere near that fit anymore

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘[MM] Mountain Mayhem Spare place available?’ is closed to new replies.