• This topic has 84 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • my coaching website, whatcha think?
  • jedi
    simondbarnes

Like it. Nice and simple, plenty of relevant info. Good luck 🙂

rs
    Free Member

I think you need to fix your fence at the back of your trails 😉

but seriously, website looks clean and pretty well set out, the big fonts look a bit blocky.

solamanda
    Free Member

Looks great Tony. Only thing I can think of is the 'big' northshore riding photos might put off some riders, might want a more even balance of riding shots?

PS: Jedi is a great teacher and motivator, get booking ;o)

Junkyard
    Free Member

some vids of you in action to impress the customers?
    Otherwise looking good and all the links seem to work

jedi

there's xc pics there too solamander 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Looks nice and simple. Easy to navigate. Few minor issues: Could do with a 'back' button. 'Book a course' should have some dates and times and contact details rather than just a 'mail to'. Location of courses isn't clear.The pics that are there are nice. Would be nice to have more

solamanda
    Free Member

Just had a proper look, yeah it's abit more even than I thought. Good luck mate.

richpips
    Free Member

Looks good.

I hope getting the flick from BT turns out to be one of the best things that have happened to you.

adamdv8
    Free Member

looks good, minor typo error noted, you might want to fix. clicking on "Intermediate 2" takes you to that page where the heading says "Intermediate 1" if you see what i mean.

marty
    Free Member

looks good. would de-rad the main homepage pic though.

PePPeR

Don't know much about web sites, but good luck Tony,

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks find on the iPhone for what it's worth.

gusamc
    Free Member

Hi

Need to put location (town) on About Us etc, as location would be a major driver in choosing a course for me – ie its a waste of time if you're 1000 miles away…. – retraction just read 'held at any location that is convenient for you' – however I only kept going as I was reviewing site, ie there are so many sites on the internet I (personally) will always skip one if it doesn't give me 'critical' info quickly.

Mail/book a course – assumes mail is something I don't have installed – so don't work ….

It doesn't (well maybe I didn't find it) list your qualifications – SMBLA etc etc etc. (ok Mark Atkins sounds like he has experience)

Back button seconded

Site Maps/layouts are often offered

Home Page – I'd have put the text at the top. The two bits on left 'Making Farh faster' didn't drill – I expected them to. I didn't entirely get the front page – ie it said freeride to me but this was 'contradicted' by the top memu MTB/Road/BMX – just noticed the Freeride/Ns – which is not on home page or menu but appears on MTB and road skills etc pages.

Cheers and good luck

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I like it as it fits my screen so i don't have to scroll up and down.

I don't like the form of contact though and would suggest a PHP based contact form

I got mine HERE

You tell it the fields you would like then it generates the script for you to copy / paste then adapt as necessary. The first into a contact HTML page and the second into a PHP file

It worked for me as I've had trouble with such things before. PHP will only work when it is uploaded too unless your PC is a server.

jedi

good feedback so far 🙂

avdave2

Doesn't appear to be working with Chrome.

jedi

chrome?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I like it – clear an concise but you have done one of my major hates – contact details not obvious and book a course link does not work for me – fire fox / outlook express.

Needs telephone number and address

Does it way that you will travel?

jedi

im using firefox/outlook and its fine here.
    few bits still being worked on

bensales
    Free Member

With my pro-web-developer hat[1] on…

Looks good overall, but for a couple of things…

On the homepage I expected "Making Farah Faster" and "Niki and Scot XC Skills" to link to case studies about them.

Take down the pages that say coming soon. It makes the site look unfinished, we find it's best that customers don't see things like that and we only put pages up when they're done.

You need proper contact information beyond an email form. People only take business seriously and see them as legit if they can see real addresses, phone numbers, company registration numbers etc.

For the book a course, I'd have a form where people can put in the dates they want the course, number of people, location, type of course, skill level etc. Saves you having to email them repeatedly to get the information they'll forget to put in an email.

Instead of putting your weekly news and offers in the blog, they should be on the front page. People don't like to have to dig around sites to find the information they want. If they can't find it within 3 clicks of the mouse, they'll go elsewhere.

Good luck with the business, and that'll be 500 quid please 🙂

[1] Qualification disclaimer: I work for a software development consultancy closely link with a Large Blue Company doing this stuff on a daily basis. Obviously this advice is no way related to my employer.

avdave2

Chrome is Google's browser which I use out of preference. I'll look at it on ie later which I still use for those sites that don't work with Chrome.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I like it overall and totally agree with the bensales stuff above.

I have to agree with solamanda's comment above re the "shore" pictures,I think maybe a lot of beginners would open the site, and think woah that's not for me – maybe a more generic "bike riding" picture instead?

luked2
    Free Member

In "Tony Doyle" "competitiveTriathlete" should be "competitive triathlete".

A bit later on in the same section, "Including the RTTC…" should be part of the previous sentence.

+1 on location.
    Pricing?

Good luck with it!

Smee
    Free Member

Front page it's UK not Uk. I would also de-rad the front page. There is a missing space where you are talking about triathlon on your bio page. It'll be an enhanced crb check rather than an advance one too. Other than that and whats already been mentioned above it looks pretty good. Good luck with it.

atlaz
    Free Member

I'd say definitely a "proper" contact form (drop me an email if you need a hand).

I'd also suggest less generic "coming soon" pages. If you're offering something but haven't got details, fair enough but either say something like "contact us for details" with a link to the contact form or remove the page temporarily. Pages like that have a tendency to not get done any time soon and I've found the odd one lurking on websites years after launch in the past.

trailmonkey

Looks good, nice and simple, easy to navigate and tells people exactly what you can offer them.
    My only negative criticism is the same as above, the homepage pic could be a bit off putting. I know from my own business (Bike-Dartmoor) that lots and lots of potential customers are really nervous and it's easy to take for granted the stuff that we do ourselves, however the same stuff can seem daunting or off putting for the less experienced. It's a strong image that you're using and I'm sure there's a good place for it on the site but something more MOR might be better for the homepage.
    Good luck with the business 8)

eddie
    Free Member

site looks good, i'll be booking up as soon as i have some cash

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Loving the look and feel of the Site!

Jedi – YGM

jedi

cheers bushwacked, you sorted a date for your one to one training yet?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Almost – will be in touch shortly to confirm. 😉

GJP
    Free Member

No locations, contact details and prices. At the moment the rest of the site is irrelevant without these if its purpose is to secure business – but looks promising. You should allow the customer to chose how they contact you

mikey74
    Free Member

Looks really good. Where are you based? I could do with some jump/drop/north shore coaching.

jedi

based in hertfordshire

jedi

price is on every skills page!

Drac

Very clean.

Best of luck with that Tony hope it works out well for you.

jedi

cheers drac 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

looks good in chrome.

might take some lessons with you, starting with intermediate 1 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

Easy to read too!

jedi

buzz, ok dude, email away 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘my coaching website, whatcha think?’ is closed to new replies.