• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by TomB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My new Chumba- and some thank yous
  • TomB

My first home build, my first full suspension bike, I feel like a proud new dad. Huge thanks to Si @ Progressive bikes for a great deal on the bike, wheels and some bits. Also, Dan and Sean at Cyclewise whinlatter for doing the bits I was too scared/ill-equipped to do, and then charging me well under the odds for doing it. You boys are diamonds, doughnuts en route next time I'm up!

The build is budget, and weighs slightly over 28lbs without pedals, which I'm very pleased with. The spec-
    Fox Float 150mm15mm, RP23
    Stans Flows on Hope pro 2's via Hope Hoops, Maxxis Advantage 2.25f, 2.1r
    Mainly SLX incl brakes, XT e-type front mech.
    Thomson post and stem, Funn fatboy bar.

About £2500, with a couple of bits I had lying around.

The stem will probably end up lower, with no spacers, but I'm going to ride a few times first, starting with Back o'Skiddaw tomorrow!

dorsetgent
    Free Member

Wow nice machine

CheesybeanZ

mmm nice

oxnop
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike – really like the fork/frame colour combo.

Si @ progressive is a great guy to deal with i might add!

forge197
    Free Member

Looks very nice that and as already mentioned nice colour combo, glad you didn't got for a white seatpost think how it looks is spot on.

si-wilson
    Free Member

looks great! It still is the only red ano in the UK, which is a shame as its a lovely finish, even nicer in the flesh!

vrapan
    Free Member

Really nice frame! Well done!

Jamie
    Free Member

The build is budget…

About £2500, with a couple of bits I had lying around.

😯

stoney
    Free Member

And he`s gonna get it filthy dirty when he comes out with us on tuesday night 😛

stoney
    Free Member

Hey Jamie, my ss was roughly 2.4k 😯

Daffy

stoney – Member
    Hey Jamie, my ss was roughly 2.4k

Yeah, but your SS is covered in pink bling init!

TomB

First outing today, round the back of skiddaw (where there is still considerable amounts of snow, esp Dash-skiddaw house). All in all I'm very pleased, the bike seemed to feel like 'mine' very quickly with minimal fettling, performed very well, very confidence inspiring at speed over rocks, efficient climbing up the long haul to dash falls (with propedal). Also, no squeaks and creaks, all feels fine, I'm a happy bunny!

pitduck
    Free Member

mmmm swweeettt mmmm 8)

slowrider
    Free Member

nice bike mister

si-wilson
    Free Member

Tom, any chance of a few high res images? I have a customer who wants to see the red up close 🙂

TomB

I'll try and get some good shots in the daylight and email them to you. Every pic I've taken doesn't do it justice.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My new Chumba- and some thank yous’ is closed to new replies.