Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • my new dandyhorse
  • slowrider
    Free Member

just got back from a quick razz down the local dh, its wicked fun! did half a dozen runs; it corners and jumps really well. just need to get out on something rocky now…

sheldona
    Free Member

You forgot to put mortar between ya bricks!

TheFlyingOx

Mate, that lawn's a disaster. Who did the borders? Dave Blunkett?

slowrider
    Free Member

lol thanks for not tearing in to the terrible colour combo. criticism of the garden i can handle, according to the mrs its a 'work in progress' but i daren't show her your comments! we are both terrible gardeners but im banned from doing any work since a fire 'incident' with the patio furniture.

eth3er
    Free Member

Sorry I'm a bit late, golly that colour scheme? Nice bike and all but surely you only ride it in the dark 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Can't tell what make it is

Mister-P
    Free Member

The patio needs weeding. Even the most ham fisted gardener could manage that.

slowrider
    Free Member

lol its something huh? 2 clashing shades of orange and some white thrown in there too. they arent red bolts on the chainset btw, its just my camera freaking out.

ive got my neon orange supreme for night riding

slowrider
    Free Member

chunky, yep, subtle eh?

mr p feel free to pop round and sort it out. i quite like a bit of green poking through

takisawa2

I think its nice. Bit colourful for me, but nice. Bet it would be nice in the Alps.

I see you've used the same turf supplier as me. 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

Tyres look nice.

aracer
    Free Member

Where are the hooves?

Johnbot
    Free Member

I don't like the decals or paint or whatever, they taper one colour off into a point which imo ruins the lines and the frame shape – otherwise it is an excellent looking bike and I am quite envious of you. Enjoy 🙂

igm

I need more info on having "a fire 'incident' with the patio furniture" – it sounds worthwhile getting banned from gardening.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I like the understated graphics 😉

Stevo210
    Free Member

Got to be happy with that mate, very nice.

Cracking colour scheme too.

Morris
    Free Member

Awesome mate.

Looks v.nice!

Bunnyhop

I'll see it in a couple of weeks on some rocky stuff 🙂

Do tell about the patio furniture on fire incident.

slowrider
    Free Member

surprised anyone likes the look of it tbh, the colour sceme almost put me off buying it! being able to get such a good deal clinched it though, upgraded wheels, bar+stem, and drivetrain to 1×10 and still had change from the rrp.

the furniture incident was one of my proudest moments. one fo the cats had brought a dead bird back while we were on holiday. the kid who was feeding thew cats put it in the wheelie bin where it stayed for 3 weeks till we ot back. the night we got back there was a big storm and all these hundreds of maggots went on some mental raindance all over our patio so i set fire to it with petrol rather than call pest control. in my excitement at playing with fire i forgot to move everything so we had bonfire night early that year!

Bunnyhop

Wow!

For a moment there I thought you meant the cat was in the wheelie bin for 3 weeks.

stugus
    Free Member

niiice. gotta be happy with that.

mikey74
    Free Member

Ya know? I actually quite like that. It's distinctive. Where you from to be so lucky to have local dh tracks?

slowrider
    Free Member

notts. theres a 1 minute run at hemlock. not exactly rad but fun nontheless

Bunnyhop

slowrider – it's a shame you are not nearer to us, as Farmer John's downhill track (Marple)is worth a visit.

slowrider
    Free Member

yeah i was disappointed not to do the race. gawton was good though. is it anywhere near the next forum ride? maybe a detour? 😛

Bunnyhop

Yes, very near. Jules will sort you out with a map when we see you next. Just a bit tricky finding the farm entrance.

You pay a fee and then the use of the tracks are yours whenever you please. No 'up lift' though, it's all pushing back up. Just think how fit you'll end up.

slowrider
    Free Member

cheers thats wicked!

sambob
    Free Member

Bit of a resurrection, but very nice bike, what happened to the evil?

chakaping
    Free Member

You;ve almost made the best of a bad job with that colourscheme, if only you’d resisted that crankset. The bar looks great.

Disclaimer: I have two 2010 Lapierres and willingly admit the colourschemes/graphics are a bit naff.

sharki
    Free Member

I’m a little lost on how it can jump and corner well.

Jumping is more related to technique than the bike you do it on.
    As for cornering that’s down to the tyre and again technique.
    I can’t work out how a bike design would help there either, other than being appropriate to the terrain you’re riding.

All that said, they look good bikes and get good reviews, enough i imagine to give you the confidence to hit jumps and corner a little quicker than before.

Enjoy, sod the garden and go ride and smile.

slowrider
    Free Member

Sambob, got rid to fund a patriot that cracked

The colour combo is naff as the oranges don’t match but I quite like it

By jumps well I mean it feels nicely balanced in the air, easy to find the C of G and easy to hip turn. By corner well I meant it’s got a low bb, long wheelbase and slackish head angle so rails turns well but not so slack and long as to inhibit more techy stuff. I was surprised by
    How slack it was actually, measured, remeasured and remeasured again- 65 degrees.

showerman
    Free Member

are they gravestones in the turf/weeds

sambob
    Free Member

I will subtley swap it for mine on the next pootle, you will never know…… 😉

crotchrocket
    Free Member

very pretty. what is it?

epicsteve
    Free Member

I can’t decide if I like the look of that or not. Possibly slightly favouring a yes.

sambob
    Free Member

Its a lapierre spicy 316 i think, maybe 516?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Thanks.
    I was being ironic, it’s a 2010 316, with tweeks LOL

I very much enjoy the way the graphics tell you all about the rider.

I think the “Rubber Queen” nomenclature indicates the particular fetish of the pilot.
    Is this correct?

slowrider
    Free Member

Yep, right on the money

It says ‘fait main’ on the top tube. In not sure what that means in French but if you remove the ‘i’s it’s pretty accurate too

chakaping
    Free Member

“Hand made” I believe.

slowrider
    Free Member

Oh. That’s a bit boring, thought it might be ‘high five’ or something, like rad, dood

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘my new dandyhorse’ is closed to new replies.