Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • My new do everything bike
  • Nonsense
    Free Member

Bought a Trek Remedy 7 in the sale at Evans for £1699. Took all the nice bits off my old bike and added them together et voila! Weighs 28.5lbs with spd pedals and Joplin which was a pleasant suprise. Eventually I'll try and get hold of some Fox 36's and tougher wheels for uplift days.

Trek Remedy 7 frame large
    Fox 32RL 15qr 150mm
    XT drivetrain
    Hope Pro 2 on Stans Arch Rims
    Magura Louise Carbon Brakes 180mm discs
    Joplin 3 Seatpost
    Syncros Stem 70mm
    Syncros Carbon Bar 710mm
    Charge Spoon Ti Saddle
    2.25 Maxxis Advantage/Crossmark Tyres

Think I may have accidentally killed the front pads with GT85 though 🙁

All the new bits I stripped off the frame will be for sale in the classifieds soon if anyone is interested.

timbercombe
    Free Member

Very nice, build, good weight for sure. If it were me I'd just run the wheels into the ground and see how long they last your riding style.

badnewz
    Free Member

digging the white trim wheels

RealMan
    Free Member

Tyre logos and valves lined up nicely.

Looks nice, interesting mix of colours.

llama

Weighs 28.5lbs

not doubting you but that surprises me from looking at it

GW
    Free Member

that must rule in skate parks

loddrik
    Free Member

A do everything bike??

I can't see it as a commuter…

jonb
    Free Member

Or on a century road ride

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Nice, like that. Light enough to ride uphill, and tough enough to hammer it back down them.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I must confess, I'm struggling with the 28.5lb thing too.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Won't work as a commuter!?!?! I've installed hinges in the middle of the frame so I can fold it up and pretend it's an all-mountain brompton. Goes nicely with my brogues.

I was suprised at the weight as well, but it was done on proper bike shop scales. I was expecting about 30lbs, but everything I have replaced is lighter than the stock parts and the complete bike was supposedly 29lbs beforehand …

Rickos
    Free Member

Those Treks have very light frames these days.

radiorog
    Free Member

What year Remedy is this? I have just bought a 2011 with the steeper head angle (68). I would also like to get the Fox 36’s for larger drops but am not sure if adding the 10mm will ruin the handling for smaller (XC) days. Trek have told me that I would probably void the warranty too by adding larger forks.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks very good

snakebite
    Free Member

I have 160 coil Lyriks on mine, handling is fine and it is still under 30lbs..

MRanger156
    Free Member

Looks like a bargain if thats the price for the full bike.

float
    Free Member

holy thread resurection batman

cyclop
    Free Member

My Cannondale F900SL really is a do anything.Done a Fred Whitton on it,7 Stanes red routes ,my first choice bike on caravan trips and it,s an ideal exploring bike for just tooling around just about anywhere.

radiorog
    Free Member

@ float…haha! 🙂
    snakebite, what year remedy do you have? The steeper one?

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’ll look forward to your post showing off your dented downtube, my ex has a few belters on it!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I have a very similar build on a Cube Stereo, even down to the Syncros stem. The slight dif is I have fox36 talas and a heavier rear wheel, so my total weight is 30.25lbs. There is about 1.5lbs dif between the forks, so your bike weight is quite believable IMO.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘My new do everything bike’ is closed to new replies.