• This topic has 269 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by MTT.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 270 total)
  • Naked: Estate Agents
  • miketually
    Free Member

Why would anyone this screwed up agree to go on TV?

Coyote
    Free Member

Saw this the other night. It’s 50 minutes of pseudo-psychology followed by 5 mins of “getting them out”. It’s the full monty but to be honest it ain’t much to write home about.

Watch Masterchef instead. That’s where it is for the 2009 season.

miketually
    Free Member

Daily Show’s going on at half past.

will
    Free Member

One of them was fit! Cracking waps!

MissGulliver
    Free Member

‘Why would someone this screwed up agree to be on tv?’

Wow MIKETUALLY – is that in your ‘professional’ opinion??? I guess you must be completely secure in yourself that you have never thought you had no other option but to try something radical?

Ever dawned on you that these people may be so fed up of how they feel about themselves, have tried therapy, or be unable to afford it, and see an advert for a confidence building programme and sign up?? If you watched it you’ll see they only find out it is a naked theme show once they are on it and contracts are signed.

How about you don’t judge people when all you know about their lives is a brief flick of their name and some small detail about them. They didn’t go on this programme to tell you their story, they went on it to help themselves and doing it in public was just part of the deal to getting help.

Give people a break.

samuri
    Free Member

Just watched the last 5 minutes on iplayer. Did they not all have pretty good bodies? All of them worked for me to be honest.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

just watching it on iplayer now, and i’d say 4 out of the 5 would get it, as would that Emma bird who does the pyscho babble crap, as for the bloke isn’t he Gok Wans chubbier older brother, and just as equally annoying

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Christ MissGulliver – work in television by any chance?

MissGulliver
    Free Member

No BOBAFATT. Been on it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MissGulliver – Member
    No BOBAFATT. Been on it.

With yer wabs out?

miketually
    Free Member

Wow MIKETUALLY – is that in your ‘professional’ opinion??? I guess you must be completely secure in yourself that you have never thought you had no other option but to try something radical?

That’s my opinion; I made no claims to be a professional, but if I recall they were crying about how they hate themselves, so it wasn’t a huge leap to think they were screwed up… I’d rather that we didn’t use screwed up people to create trashy one hour TV “documentaries” so that people could get a bit of a thrill at seeing someone’s tits.

If you watched it you’ll see they only find out it is a naked theme show once they are on it and contracts are signed.

They’ll have been given a list of possibilities, one of which was the naked stuff. No way was that suddenly sprung on them.

miketually
    Free Member

MissGulliver seems to have created this account just to post here on this post.

As it was 4 days after the thread ‘died’, it’s unlikely to be a regular poster creating an anonymous account to resond to this thread.

The thread is in the top ten on Google now for “naked estate agent”, so my guess is it’s one of the people who appeared on the show who’s been Googling it.

Am I right?

miketually
    Free Member

In fact, MissGulliver posted almost that exact same post on another forum:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=30685335#post30685335

RudeBoy
    Free Member

“What a load of (rude word) that is”.

I prefer that, to *yikes*. Can we have that, instead?

miketually
    Free Member

Found a MissG on another forum. That either means it’s someone searching the web to defend themselves, or it’s time for me to go to bed.

MissGulliver, I hope you sort out whatever issues you have. Good luck.

Drac

Now who has issues to be so sad to Google for that to try and prove themselves.

On topic yeah they all were pretty nice.

miketually
    Free Member

Now who has issues to be so sad to Google for that to try and prove themselves

My only issue is I’m a geek 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

Where’s blackgem when you need her!

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Does everyone here just want to be mean to people?

My issues are people slagging people off without knowing them.

My sister was on the show, yes. Congrats on the detective work.

No, they didn’t get a list of possibilities or anything else actually.

Drac

My sister was on the show, yes

Pics! No wait no need.

MTT
    Free Member

MissGulliver – Its potentially a fruitless task scouring the internet putting people right. I too have just looked up the last 5 mins on Iplayer 😳 only to have to switch it off (and i like naked women). This is all a little degrading rather than empowering don’t you think?

Its case and point that most people who heard about this probably skipped right to the end to see a bit of boob.

Good luck with the issues etc…

MissGulliver
    Free Member

MTT – I agree with you. I agree it’s degrading. I agree it’s not empowering.

I am just trying to say they didn’t know til they were on it, would you rather look a fool doing it or a fool walking off the show? either way, people on forums will slag you off.

Rich
    Free Member

I like parts of the show, the psychology and therapy, in fact I have got someone I know to watch it who is having self-esteem issues, to show her that people who look good can still have issues with themselves.

BUT, I see no need for them to get naked, surely it’s not normal for anyone to want to strip off in public, self-confident or not, I really dont see the link, apart from trying to get more ratings.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Agreed. I don’t think they WANTED to get naked, I think they felt like they couldn’t NOT if you know what I mean.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MissGulliver, you work for the production conmpany and I claim my £5.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

?? claim your what? and no I don’t. Guarantee you that.

IanMunro
    Free Member

After a quick scan of the programme, i’m hoping that Holy can help me with my confidence issues.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, seeing as you don’t work on the show, how come you just “happened” across STW and other fora to spout your waffle?

Face it, it’s car crash, exploitative TV of the very worst, based only on the fact that pre-prubescent boys get to see some baps.

andym
    Free Member

Found a MissG on another forum. That either means it’s someone searching the web to defend themselves, or it’s time for me to go to bed.

I think it means you need to get out more.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

I didn’t happen to come across it, the link was on another website.

My waffle? How grown up of you. I never said it was great tv or a good programme. In fact I don’t agree with that at all.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

He said ‘baps’… 😯

richpips
    Free Member

Ever dawned on you that these people may be so fed up of how they feel about themselves, have tried therapy, or be unable to afford it, and see an advert for a confidence building programme and sign up?? If you watched it you’ll see they only find out it is a naked theme show once they are on it and contracts are signed.

How about you don’t judge people when all you know about their lives is a brief flick of their name and some small detail about them. They didn’t go on this programme to tell you their story, they went on it to help themselves and doing it in public was just part of the deal to getting help.

Give people a break.

We’re not mean, just people who, say what we want on an internet forum.

Garbage TV.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

ANDYM =- why because I am on more than one forum? Guess I was right that some of you just want to be mean to people.

MTT
    Free Member

I am tempted to put this on PistonHeads…

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

MissG you have unfortuantely shown yourself to be as f00ked up as you your poor sibling.

I would let it lie now if I were you, you don’t stand a chance on this forum I am afraid!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

This is a local forum, for local people…

MissGulliver; not wishing to be unkind, and I’m sure you may be a lovely person in real life, but I find it a bit odd, that you’ve gone to the trouble of logging onto a forum like this, to argue with this lot. Trust me, they’re not worth the hassle. They’re always wrong, and their opinions are irrelevant.

Don’t stress about it. Ignore them.

And whatever your sister’s going through, the truth is, most of this lot wouldn’t want to see her or anyone suffer, really. Just a lot of big egos and hot air.

richpips
    Free Member

Agreed. I don’t think they WANTED to get naked, I think they felt like they couldn’t NOT

Sorry, that I don’t believe.

All those girls were above average intelligence, and no matter their “personal” problems, if they felt they were unhappy with revealing all, they should have said so. Furthermore any tabloid would have been overjoyed with the offer of a “TV company blackmailed me in to getting my kit off program”.

Get Real.

andym
    Free Member

ANDYM =- why because I am on more than one forum? Guess I was right that some of you just want to be mean to people.

I was quoting miketually – my comment was aimed at him.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Looks like the bandwagon is being jumped on, and I wonder what percentage actually saw the programme. Garbage tv or not, it’s your opinion. Doesn’t mean you are always right. That is what forums are for, people to express opinions and for others to challenge them. Looks like some people can’t handle theirs being challenged, their only answer being to start being personal. Nice.

MTT
    Free Member

MissGulliver – fauxbyfour is not representative of this forum.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 270 total)

The topic ‘Naked: Estate Agents’ is closed to new replies.