Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Near Brechfa accomodation – any recommendations?
  • DT78
    Free Member

For 3 guys, october weekend. Cheapish, safe bike lock up.

I’d love to be near a pub too

gator
    Free Member

The Old Police station/house – can’t remember the name – tinternet search should find it.

Great hosts and it’s between 2 pubs

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gator, you mean BikeBrechfa? Lovely people indeed, and very, very helpful.

Don’t think they accept smaller number bookings, though.

DT78
    Free Member

Only one recommendation 🙁 I’ll take a look – thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You could try Gilfach Wen (spl?), a bunkhouse just outside the village of Brechfa.

oink
    Free Member

we’ve stayed here before http://www.glasfrynguesthousebrechfa.co.uk/

good food, bar, bike wash, secure parking and close to trails

foxyrider
    Free Member

If its a bigish enough group i.e 8-12 we stayed here:

Penybont

niloC
    Free Member

You can also try these guys

Mudtrek

but hold on for a day or 2 if you can, I’ve just been told that the Green, Blue & Black trails that start from Byrgwm will be closed due to logging for 3 months from this month, I’m going up there tomorrow, so will be able to give more info on Saturday

chilli
    Free Member

We stayed in the pub next door to the fire/police station (can’t remember name) they’ve got a little cottage on the back that sleeps3/4 it’s even got it’s own secret door straight into the tap room! Twas dead cheap and quite lively 8O!

catnash
    Free Member

Yes up there this morning and read the signs that stated trails are closed except from Abergorlech. The sign said from today till November. Brechfa in Autumn is the best time for me.

DT78
    Free Member

Ah bollox was looking forward to bechfa, only been once before. Thanks for the headsup, getting bored of afan

rusty90
    Free Member

Got this via the local community association this morning :
    “Just to inform you that the blue, green and black trials at bergwm will be closed from the 1st of September for 15 weeks. The Gorlech will be kept open for this period. The closures is due to harvesting operations on site and the trials can not be diverted. We will also be doing our maintenance on the trails to avoid any further closures in the near future. If the trails will be opening prior to this due to early completion I will inform you.” Marie George, Local Area Manager, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire Llanymddyfri Forest District, Forestry Commission Wales: marie.george@forestry.gsi.gov.uk, 0300 068 0300. (The spelling mistakes are her’s not mine!)

Note that the FC’s definition of closed may differ from other people’s – they don’t work evenings and weekends – but the main fire road out of the Bergwm car park will be used by lots of heavy lorries during weekdays, so they want to keep people away for saftey.

oink
    Free Member

Just north of Brechfa (~20miles) is the Cwm Rhaeadr trail – well worth a look – easy climb and fantastic descent

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Near Brechfa accomodation – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.