Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • new bike pics- Oh no not another orange 5! 2009 AM
  • oxnop
    Free Member

Bought it yesterday- Picked it up from the Orange factory as it was their 2009 AM guise demo bike.

Saint mech/shifters, 2009 36 talas & maxle rear end etc.

So far ive fitted the wheels/tyres off my old bike EX1750's Changed the bars (needed to be wider) & put my trusty fizik saddle in place.

I have had 5 new bikes since Xmas and each one just didnt feel 'so' either slightly too small/big/fragile etc

Ive had a 2008 carbon giant trance advanced (felt fragile), Titus Supermoto(didnt want to pedal up hill), Genesis alptitude(slightly too small)& a pace RC405 which is ace but slightly too big to be chuckable (large frame im 5 11").

Dont get me wrong they all had their strengths but took some getting used to, I borrowed my mates 5 AM last week and I was sold, it felt 'right'. Of course the pace feels more plush & the giant was brill at all day rides & flying up hills but I think I like the simplicity of the single pivot design (i said last year i would never buy a 5) + only 2 bearings to replace, which is a plus!

Hope you like.

forge197
    Free Member

looks smart that, when will it see a trail?

oxnop
    Free Member

Its was out this morning for my local loop, felt great. I now need to get used to the bike making so much noise when going downhill! (I was warned that orange's sound like a box of scrap metal being thrown down some stairs!)

forge197
    Free Member

my five never sounded that bad 😉 but they can clatter along 🙂

CheesybeanZ

looks goood i like the rims :-)try some chain lube on the shox mounts works on mine

dandan
    Free Member

Very nice bike… Been considering buying a 5 lately.

oxnop
    Free Member

Cheers guys, didn't want a red bike but i think it looks really good with the white wheels. Pleased I bought it.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

That is a sweet looking 5 especially with those white rims alongside the red frame!

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

I had mine about 6 months and took it for a ride in the local forest on a group ride, all the way round for an hour it sounded like a donkey e-or!. Thought it was the bottom bracket cause it sounded serious and was timed to pedalling. Took it back to the bike shop and after a few hours they found the problem, it was the back quick release spindle!! Once replaced it stopped. The sound echo'd through the box tail arm like a trumpet.
    They may be a bit noisy but they keep on going and going!. 😀

Andy-W
    Free Member

pop a bit of copper slip on the screws that hold the Dropout/Derailleur Hanger on

Did the trick on my Five

rOcKeTdOg

the stock rear QR on my 5 was the cause of an annoying amount of creaking, replacing with an old school shimano QR fixed it

taka
    Free Member

nice patio :mrgreen: red is faster 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘new bike pics- Oh no not another orange 5! 2009 AM’ is closed to new replies.