Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • New Charge Bikes video just came out.
  • chargebikes
    Free Member

Check it out here:

http://vimeo.com/3280406

What do you think?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Um. Not a lot if I’m honest, but then I am probably not the target audience. The photography and editing were nothing special, the music was insipid, and the riding reeked “ooh look at me I am kerazy” but wasn’t.

Sorry.

chargebikes
    Free Member

Ha ha. Just sat here waiting for the torrent of…

wwaswas

lock on grips would be good.

they looked like they enjoyed themselves which was probably the idea.

trying fixie skids on wet grass will get you wet

3 things I learned.

woodey
    Free Member

still, grew up in windsor and so it reminded me of where my MTBing all began, cheeky royal singletrack in the park. You must of been chased by some parkies for riding on the long walk tho?

Have to agree with gnar….whatever above, could have been so much better

GaryLake
    Free Member

Fixed bike are the new BMX by the looks of it, ‘cept you can only do skids and akward looking bunnyhops and drop offs.

I won’t take anything away from the video as it’s quite nicely made but the content’s a bit meh…

DezB
    Free Member

Quite fun. Of course the riding’s “oh look at me..” they’re being filmed.

Had to turn the sound off cos the music was awful.

The moustache was nice, but I definitely won’t be buying a bike with orange forks in the near future.

nina
    Free Member

it made me want to dick around on a bike which is shoorly the point of all bikey vids….

sliponrollup
    Free Member

ooooohhh this has excited me from my campagnola race hat riht down tomy slip on vans, The thought of getting back to grass roots riding on a fixed wheel machine, I’m so inspired, goingto go find some banks and jazz to play on this weekend any of you fellow fixie fascinoners up for joining mein a great jolly jape of a day.

chargebikes
    Free Member

It’s Campagnolo you freak.

sliponrollup
    Free Member

i am so sorry god!

mdb
    Free Member

I’m sure the more fashionable types within your target audience would love this type of vid but I reckon us STW users would have been more interested in a vid of “proper mtb riding” on one of your knobbly tyre machines.

Instead you showed us three “cool urban” types wearing skinny jeans taking it to the max by doing skids and drop offs my four year old could make.

You did ask.

wwaswas

“drop offs my four year old could make”

*realises he can’t ride as well as a four year old and hangs head in shame*

sliponrollup
    Free Member

mr mtb i wouldmuch like to ride with ur four year old, would they care to come this weekend?

woodey
    Free Member

“drop offs my four year old could make”

knowing the drop-off you mean I would like to see your 4 year old do it, don’t think he’d like you much afterwards tho

nina
    Free Member

more interested in a vid of “proper mtb riding”

like one o them awful shaky vids of someone crawling along trails filmed with helmut cams that have such crap quality it may as well be done on a mobly phone?

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

I liked it! Fortunately, I’m immune to all that marketing malarky and could just see it for what it was…oh, that reminds me, better order me up some more Howies clobber!

😆

chargebikes
    Free Member

Next podcast… later this week is on a Duster 8 (Alfine) in the mud. I will post that up on fixedgearlondon.com and compare your thoughts.

Nick

nina
    Free Member

just post vids of abi…..

stonemonkey
    Free Member

dare i comment?
    favourite comment “been riding fix since 2006!”
    Best trick – hop to nose wheelie
    Worst trick – endless skids
    most shocking moment- £6.95 for breaky!

overall- urban, arty, london based fashionista ride bikes in the park ,skids.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Oh i nearly bought one of your bikes a 2007 stove, couldn’t quite believe it but i bought a sunn bmix instead . 🙂

chargebikes
    Free Member

Ted’s on a stove in that video.

taka
    Free Member

nice just put it on my ipod

Bumhands
    Free Member

Super Ted!

Used to ride with him – you should see him on a BMX.

acjim
    Free Member

I didn’t want to like it but I did, bah! Are they using cx tyres or slicks? Good stuff, looks like the kind of stuff we used to do when I lived in that london, ie. find something to ride off. Oh the days before children etc.

druidh
    Free Member

Absolute pish. But you knew that, right?

james
    Free Member

“Fortunately, I’m immune to all that marketing malarky and could just see it for what it was”
    I thought thats exactly what it was?

dmc
    Free Member

Enjoyed it mind you i had no sound ! its easy to have a pop but lets be honest most of us couldnt ride a fixxed like that !!! so as been said take it for what it was !

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Too self-consciously trendy and what they’re doing is not actually that interesting. Maybe there’s space for people not dropping off cliffs in Stormtrooper outfits though…? But basically a bit crap.

sodafarls
    Free Member

I watched that bangers and mash(i think?)bmx vid someone posted the link to last week. It looked exciting and progressive. That didn’t.

GW
    Free Member

Usual STW blinkered, stuck up views, no surprise there really 😉 personally I loved the video.

those riders have more skills than 99% of the riders here, fixie skids look so much fun. drifting one looks well difficult, nose manuals, wall rides and 180 to fakies must be way more difficult to pull on a fixie.

wasn’t the first tune used on an old MBUK video? or maybe Sprung?

tails
    Free Member

I liked it tune was alright riding skilled for a fixed wheel bike, especially the nose wheelie bit. I’ve been tryin to do those ever since I saw wade simmons do one of a log in the collective. I managed once when a car pulled out in front of me, must have looked reet good. I enjoy these short 3 minute vids by your lot and others and i’m glad my mind is not so full of hate.

sodafarls
    Free Member

those riders have more skills than 99% of the riders here

Pray tell, how do you know?

druidh
    Free Member

GW – Member

Usual STW blinkered, stuck up views, no surprise there really [;)] personally I loved the video.

those riders have more skills than 99% of the riders here, fixie skids look so much fun. drifting one looks well difficult, nose manuals, wall rides and 180 to fakies must be way more difficult to pull on a fixie.

Wow – I thought we were being asked about the video – not the skillz. As a piece of marketing (surely why it exists) I thought it was pants.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

and i’m glad my mind is not so full of hate

Who’s shown that they’re full of hate?

tom84
    Free Member

what gear ratio? i’ve got slicks on a inbred 29er ss at the mo and was thinking of d**king around with one of those bolt to the iso rotor mount fixie cogs.

also where do i get one of the aforesaid cogs?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

GW – Member
    Usual STW blinkered, stuck up views, no surprise there really personally I loved the video.

Couldn’t agree more on the skill’s front, but I fail to understand why a nose manual would be harder on a fixie.

Oh, & you have met jedi right?

brack
    Free Member

Looking forward to that Duster vid…..thinking of buying one but

Please tell me that ‘Im well ard’ Fireman Sam Humphrey chap isn’t in it!?

jam-bo

GW – pretty sure the music is from one of the early sprung films. not suprising since rankin was involved with them.

sodafarls
    Free Member

Why do people who ride track bikes with fixed wheels outside of velodromes and winter training appear so defensive and desperate for reassurance all the time? Why do they seem so keen to document their actions and make comparisons to bmx or skateboarding culture? Surely if it’s anything more than a passing fashion it would stand on it’s own merits? If it is more than a passing fashion, what areas of progression would a fixter suggest as to where the activity is going, that is not hampered by the very nature of the style of bicycle?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘New Charge Bikes video just came out.’ is closed to new replies.