Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • new magicshine with waterproof battery
  • oblique
    Free Member

has anyone got one of these?

I was thinking about getting one of the old ones and found this, looke like they have fixed a load of the problems people had with it and you get a handy battery monitor.

It dosen't say that the battery container is waterproof but it looks like it has a o-ring to me. What do people think?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Arriving shortly and can post up a review ( tho I'm sure others will beat me to it)

FYI it is waterproof / has an IP67 rating (immersible to 1m)and costs only 3 bucks more than the already ludicrously cheap 'old version'

Whats not to like?

fogliettaz
    Free Member

I ordered one ten days ago, should arrive soon.

ben
    Free Member

Anyone know what the SKU number of the extension lead for the battery is to use this as a helmet light?

Cheers
    Ben

HeatherBash
    Free Member

cp

ooo, good call. very glad i didn't buy the older version a couple of weeks ago. will prob. get along with a helmet mount.

wonder how long till a version with a uk plug – couldn't find one after a quick search.

z1ppy

Considering there about 4 version on there…

UK plug version http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30864

BUT as per the above link, neither has the helmet strap in the info unlike:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29489

Reports from user who have bought the unit lately suggest the battery sealing is a lot better anyways.

cp

zippy – that's the previous version, not the new one the OP linked to.

younggeoff

Hmm, wonder if you can get the battery separately

z1ppy

yes CP didn't realise you expected a UK plugged version of that one… no you don't get the fancy battery pack but the std battery pack is now better sealed and that one comes with a UK plug as you asked.

AlexSimon

Just get the little UK plug adapter. The charger is 110-240v auto sensing anyway.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2709

I think I even saw something like it in the local £1 store too.

lipseal
    Free Member

Mines on order and all you need is what ^ he said.

cp

yeah I know.. just an idle thought as to whether there would be a UK-plug specific version.

Will prob be ordering tonight with cable extensions and helmet mount.

stumpy01

Hmmm, tempted to get one of these for helmet mounting, instead of an Exposure Joystick or Niterider equivalent.

How heavy is the battery – too heavy for helmet mounting??

z1ppy

around 200g's Stumpy… lots of ppl complained that the P7 torch was heavy on there helmets @ 170g's.

caledonia
    Free Member

I went for the 5 mode version.
    Not for the strobe setting but for the Hi, Mid and Low. (SOS may still come in handy as i've only ever night ridden once)

Seems to have a UK plug and the better battery.
    I bought the head and helmet straps + extension lead seperatley. They were only 3 usd each so I thought it was still a bargain.

I didn't see the new LED display battery until my order was placed, but figured It'll not make that much difference ?

Anyways, mine arrived today and I can't wait to get home and crack into it !

What dark sunglasses for Cree burned retinas ?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

what code is it for the helmet mount for that new one as it doesnt come with one?

scottidog
    Free Member

Bit of a thread hijack here…. I've had mine bar mounted which has been fine apart from on bumpy ground when it shakes like crazy and gives a nice strobe effect, it's getting worse now the elasic band is stretching too.

Asides from wrapping it with a load of tape has anybody come up with an ingenious solution to get it nice and snug on the bars?

caledonia
    Free Member

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.30864

Head/Helmet mounts on the linky above.
    Also the extension lead.

J0N
    Free Member

shakes like crazy and gives a nice strobe effect

I read somewhere that if you remove the serrated teeth of the rubber mount then it becomes a lot more stable. Also, try a bit of double sided tape – did wonders for my two fish mount. Only lasts one wet ride though. 🙂

Northwind

Ooh, spot on, cheers. I was just going to do my patented "2 jubilee clips" mount but that's kind of ugly.

scottidog
    Free Member

Class advice, thanks a million r-kid.

CRC are all sold out of those bar clamps but I've found them hereif anyone else is interested.

Mine are on the way!

kaiser
    Free Member

great stuff thanks for the ideas

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘new magicshine with waterproof battery’ is closed to new replies.