Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Nice Homemade Video On YouTube.
  • singlespeedstu

All filmed with one GoPro HD apparently.

Watching this makes me want to ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlGL1bC8euE&feature=related

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Very cool.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

cheers, really enjoyed that.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Great distraction, now where is some rock around here?

vinnyeh

very nice, actually all their videos look great.
    I'd be curious to see the mounts, especially how the 'aerial' shots were taken.

singlespeedstu

especially how the 'aerial' shots were taken.

According to his thread on MTBR he used a long stick with the GoPro fixed to the end of it then rode one handed. 😯

vinnyeh

have you got a link to the thread stu?

singlespeedstu
    grumm
    Free Member

Nice video – vinnyeh I was wondering the same about those high up shots.

wwaswas

I did think that the pace of the music and the riding were a bit out of kilter – if you use a track that speeds up dramatically it would be nice for the riding to reflect that.

Looks like a nice place rode though.

highclimber
    Free Member

too flat for my liking! good vid tho!

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

He's put it up on Vimeo as well, so you can watch it in HD. It looks really good on full screen.

Link HERE

Great film though, really liking the GoPro cameras. There's been lots of people making good films with them, brilliant quaility as well.

z1ppy

enjoyed the rear view, with the rear tyre bobbing away, little used angle for most of these 'home' videos.

Are the GoPro mounts really that adapatable or do you have to have loads to get the different angles (low on the fork, behind the seat, on the rear chainstay) as I understand the chest mounting is a seperate piece?

granny_ring

Liked that 😀

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Excellent vid

epicsteve
    Free Member

Nice. I've been meaning to try various different angles with my Go-Pro so that might spur me on.

Are the GoPro mounts really that adapatable or do you have to have loads to get the different angle

The standard mounts that the cameras come with aren't that comprehensive but there is a ride kit that can be used to clamp onto seatposts etc. that's only about £20. I've got it but not really used it yet, but was planning to try rear-facing on the seatpost and forward facing on the chainstay.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What a fascinating place to ride – a rocky maze of possibilities. The riding seemed a bit slow but it's hard to tell really how difficult the surface is – note the pads – I expect it's really unpleasant to fall.

I liked it. I wonder if they would feel similarly impressed by our green woodland singletrack mazes?

coastkid
    Free Member

i talk to tscheezy on the mtbr fatbike forum alot… his films are edited on a mac pc which imovie maker has an image stabilizer overlay which smooths out the picture, there is supposed to be a software package of this available for windows but aint found it yet,it will be a telescopic walking pole with cam mout attached he will be using for the hieght shots..neat movies he does 😮

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Nice Homemade Video On YouTube.’ is closed to new replies.