Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Northern chapter rivvy ride 28th march roll call
  • Chew
    Free Member

Me

lowey

Me and 3 others. But retiring at belmont for an afternoon on the piss 🙂

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Me + Craig…still working on others from Darlo 😕

Vortexracing

I am

DaveGti
    Free Member

All being well i'll be joining you all if thats OK???

Maybe one more with me as well..

How long do you reckon the route will take??

jamievosper
    Free Member

don't think so as i'll be rougher than tarzans feet sunday!!! 😆

JxL
    Free Member

im tempted, would i keep up on singlespeed? lowey is John coming?

lowey

Last I heard he was mate. The pace is very relaxed, you'll be fine.

D0NK

JxL unless you've been slobbed out on the couch chugging down pie and chips since last summer I'm sure you'll be fine. May have to push 1 or 2 climbs if you're out of practice but I'm sure you'll have company.

I'm in, has lowey booked the weather?

Nezbo
    Free Member

What time are you planing to at rigington? and what is the planed route roughly?

Also are you thinking of taking in the Healey Nab Trail?

I think i may meet you one the trail somewhere…

lowey

unless you've been slobbed out on the couch chugging down pie and chips since last summer

Thats me bolloxed then.

gojo
    Free Member

Me and my other half will venture out with you guys.

zokes
    Free Member

Possibly. As I live in Belmont, it would be rude not to…

zokes
    Free Member

Oh, and is there anyone going through Belmont to give a lift? Seems a bit silly me either driving over there only to ride past my house back to the car later, or doing half the ride first over Great Hill and down to White Coppice

wors

we'll be riding from astley Bridge in the morning, and then stopping at the Belmont Bull having a few in the afternoon.

zokes
    Free Member

You doing your ride with this lot Wors, or doing your own thing?

wors

With this lot, i'll be with Lowey off here heading over in the morning.

neil853
    Free Member

i think i'm going to be along with two more 😆

lowey

having a few in the afternoon.

Zokes… we are setting off from Sharples around 8ish, up winter hill, down the shoulder, Belmont road, Ice Cream Run, anglezarke, healy nab and onto Botany Bay to meet everyone. We are then riding back with them as far as Belmont, but we are then stopping in the Bull all afternoon on the piss.

zokes
    Free Member

Rightho. What's your eta at the foot of the shoulder on Belmont Rd? My plan for getting there was going to be winch up sheephouse, over spitler's edge, down to white coppice, but happy to follow you guys…

lowey

Spitlers would be a bof fest at the moment mate. I reckon we will be Here at about 9.15 ish. We may, depending on the weather, cut down Lead mines rather than the ICR, but will play it by ear.

Email me your mobile and I can always txt you on the way over.

Junkyard
    Free Member

JxL – Member
    im tempted, would i keep up on singlespeed? lowey is John coming?

No you will die dont listen to DONK remember how fit he is he took me out for a gentle bimble at weekend 30 miles on SS and 4000ft climbing the b@stard
    Mos of it will be rideable except the steep bits but you should keep up but if you have been off all winter it might hurt a bit but you are young and it will make the fat overweight biffers feeld superior when you struggle
    Yes I coming assuming my ex-wife does not change childcare arrangements will be arriving by boat

zokes
    Free Member

Sounds good to me. Can you email me your contact details then I can let you know if I'm coming? I've not sanctioned this with the home office yet….

Vortexracing

but you are young and it will make the fat overweight biffers feeld superior when you struggle

good old Jonny, glad to see you are adopting the politically correct stance again 😆

will be arriving by boat

still think you avin me on with this boat thing.

does it have ladies in bikinis draped over the bow like the piccie in the last post?

lowey

Junkyard soon after arrival

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is much more like the Lowey picture sadly

lowey

The pub has been informed of our arrival and has thankfully advised that they have plenty of Bank Top on tap.

Jobs a Good 'un.

zokes
    Free Member

Excelenté!

Vortexracing

plenty of Bank Top on tap

Climbing back over Belmont Road and down the ICR Pi$$ed, that should be good. 😆

zokes
    Free Member

I live in Belmont 😆

D0NK

I live in Belmont

Cool so you get to do the ICR pissed up then you can go up AICR, hole int wall and get to do san marino again on your way home. Lucky fella

🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Cool so you get to do the ICR pissed up then you can go up AICR, hole int wall and get to do san marino again on your way home. Lucky fella

Or I could just stagger the 50 yards it is from Alan's fine establishment back to my house 💡

izakimak
    Free Member

Lowey your going to be cutting it fine, or have you been time trial training? 😆

lowey

Piss it mate. 2 hrs to botany bay ? No worries.

wors

he's got a good lead man! 8)

D0NK

Lowey not sure which way I'm riding over yet but I'm sure at some point our paths will cross around rivi/WH, will you have your moby with you? I might give you a shout.

lowey

Yes mate. Thought you were driving over ?

Anyway, we are setting off from Sharples at 7.45. Up coal pit to Winter hill, then straight off the shoulder, meeting Zokes for 9-9.15, down the Ice cream run, then road over to Botany Bay, with the exception of the Singletrack around Anglezarke reservoir.

JxL
    Free Member

Right so 9.30 at Bottany Bay then? Weather is looking good!

Haven't ridden since september 2009, gonna be tough 🙂

P.S John is your phone working?? 🙂

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

soz i can't make it , have a mate over from whitby i haven't seen for about 6 years so catching up on gossip / pints .will be there for the next one , cheers ,
    mart

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Northern chapter rivvy ride 28th march roll call’ is closed to new replies.