• This topic has 21 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • not another 'jedi' skills recommendation :)
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Booked a skills day with jedi yesterday at woburn. Have been meaning to do a 1 on 1 skills day for a while and heard good things about this guy they call jedi.

Very impressed with the whole day. I've been riding for 5 years or so and always thought my cornering and drop off skills to be very poor. (plus i can't jump for toffee)

Jedi soon realised what i needed to work on after looking at how i ride. I won't go into a whole breakdown of the day but by the end of it i felt very comfortable railing bermed corners and i even got some air

This may not look much to most people but believe me I never do 'air' and would panic even looking at that small jump. I did this after jedi showed me how to pump the trail.

Also manage to get over a log in the trail which i've never been able to do

So all in all a great day and throughly recommend jedi as a coach. i had actually been on a skills day before (not mentioning names and everythng jedi showed me went against what i learnt on that group skills day

(and no before anyone asks i had never net him before and he didn't ask me to put anything on the forum)

Jase
    Free Member

I know that log and always ride round it 🙂

akira

Could it have been the colour of your bike holding you back?
    Jedi does get some good reviews, if I wasn't such a trail god and had a bit more time I might try and book a day with him, anyting you can teach 1 yr old twins Jedi as they would probably have to come along?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Could it have been the colour of your bike holding you back?

I love the colour! really grown on me… stands out

ononeorange

Jump at the top looks terrifying enough to me!

+1 for poor / non-existent cornering and drop-off skills.

Looks like he really got some results for you.

jedi

trickydisco, was great to meet you let alone coach you for the session. keep me informed on how everything goes in the future please as i explained.
    🙂

IHN

New bike Gav?

trickydisco
    Free Member

New bike Gav?

yep, superlight has gone.I now have 2 bikes to replace it. 😀 A lovely lightweight hardtail (voodoo sobo frame i bought off tazzy from here around 20lbs!) and now the enduro for bigger stuff (off to the alps in july)

I love both and don't regret selling the superlight.

jedi

trickydisco, you certainly looked at home on the enduro. it's about want 🙂

nols
    Free Member

I love that yellow enduro. In UK test bike colours. I wanted one, but hadn't had my pitch long so couldn't really justify it.

jedi

nols, ride the pitch more, they are basically the same thing!

fontmoss
    Free Member

sorely tempted to hook up for some lessons but tbh some time on the bike (and cash!) would be a good start, not ridden in anger this year :'(

well done jedi on carving out a niche* in something that you both enjoy and are clearly good at, got a lot of respect for that.

*non bike whore nichedom

jedi

i just got back from coaching again today so am buzzing.
    fontmoss, it's not about the bike 🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

fontmoss, it's not about the bike

i didnt think it was 😀

though my original comment is prob bit mixed up, 4 hrs sleep urghh

jedi

i know , i was just saying it aloud 🙂

bumley
    Free Member

I'm booked in for a session with jedi on Wednesday, really really looking forward to it! My last coaching day with him was so productive can't wait to see what the next one brings!!

jedi

bumley, have you had much practice since the last session?

vikingboy
    Free Member

Good to hear someone else has had a great experience on one of his days.
    I've been building on what Tony taught me last month and found myself yesterday in a friendly competition with some lads seeing who could jump the furthest from a 6ft+ drop.
    Pre Jedi days I would have taken the side route and rode round it and yet here was me yesterday seeing how much higher I could actually spring of it. I was spending so much time in the air I was getting bored waiting for the ground to arrive….time to start looking into some spins and whips to pass the time next I think. 🙂

Every now and again whilst I'm riding along good old Tony appears Obi-Wan Kenobi style and delivers one of his famous coaching phrases….pretty useful really, especially as he doesn't charge for this follow up coaching advice!

jedi

vikingboy, i just read that.
    it easy when you know why eh 🙂

Eyepic
    Free Member

Had a great Day with Tony today….

Very impressed.

D

bumley
    Free Member

Thanks for yesterday Jedi, had a great session, really felt like it was all coming together!! And I was still using all the skills you had taught me from the last session, it really makes a difference when you put it all together!!

jedi

how's the ankle bumley?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘not another 'jedi' skills recommendation :)’ is closed to new replies.