Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Oakley Transitions?
  • clowner
    Free Member

Anyone any experience of any of the Oakley Transition range for biking?

Particularly interested in the Jawbones.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have Jawbones transitions. Transitions are brill, but they don't go light enough to use at dusk really. You can, if you need them to shield against flies or something, but it can be better with them off.

However that also goes for any shades, and you're better off at dusk with lightened transitions than say black iridium, but both offer the same protection in full sun. I'd not ride anything else.

However I'm not sure Jawbones are good for mtbing. They can steam up pretty quickly. Half-jackets are way better for mtbing.

njee20
    Free Member

New lens next year with a far wider transmission range, I'd sit tight for now!

clubber
    Free Member

I reckon tthey'd be good for road riding but I always thought that they'd react too slow for the fast changes in light you get mtbing (eg out in the open to under trees) – anyone comment?

molgrips
    Free Member

I've never had a problem with going in and out of trees etc. Even when light, they are not THAT light, so it's ok.

NJee – will look out for that.

clowner
    Free Member

Any info on the new lens?

JonBurns
    Free Member

Could be these New Transitions

But from what I've been told they will go much darker in sun but will also be slightly darker than a normal transition when not activated.

(Just ordered some prescription Jawbones with Grey MAR transitions)

JonEdwards
    Free Member

When I bought my Jawbones last year Steptoes actually reccomended me not to go with transitions as they said they take too long to change for MTBing. I went with vented G30s instead and couldn't be happier. No issues with steaming up either.

molgrips
    Free Member

I was also told some mtbers don't like them because they don't change fast enough. I've not even noticed it. I don't notice them changing at all.

Jawbones def steam up on me, so there 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Transitions?’ is closed to new replies.