Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • On-One 456 Summer v Cotic BFe
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then rossmceachran 😛 . Have headset and seat clamp – still waiting on seatpost but hey I have a shim in the tool box and cheapo BMX steel jobbie under the stairs (oh, and papadirt has a rather nice Ringle 27.2 post on his Kona which he’s forbidden me to scratch 😈 ). I shall set the alarm early . . . tooo much beer to start tonight . . . anniversary see 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

OK, here we go!

GRAEMEJONES

The clock is running 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Come on, 24 minutes have passed! I have an original 456SS and its excellent. Going to get some bigger forks for it in the next few weeks. Been singing the praises of running 105mm on it for too long – I want some proper madness happening at the front now!

New graphics and paintjob look awesome too.

mamadirt
    Free Member

It looks super slack at 130mm 😛

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

They’re as slack at 105mm as my Blur 4X is at 160mmm!

fenred
    Free Member

Jeebus, that is going to be slack!
    Look forward to final build pics, colour and graphics look awesome on the SS….Pity On-One failed with the new Inbred colour combos.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Nearly there . . .

I think it’s cake o’clock 😛

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ye Gods. That cake’ll surely make you hyperactive Mama, with all that artificial colouring! 😯

Congrats on yer anniversary btw! 🙂

X

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers Elf! 32 years eh . . . good job he’s not a bike frame . . . patience of a saint that man 😆

Cake has now been consumed and the sun has come out . . . yessss!! 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah burger . . . ISCG mount is old and not 05 👿 . Never mind, Uzzi can keep the eThirteen . . . time to test the Superstar/DMR/Blackspire/mamadirt hybrid chain tensioner 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Looking good… My housemate has a bright orange one, it’s so much fun (with Pikes) it’s not even funny.

Daveyboywonder – has your 4X sold yet?

ART

**** me that cake is something else 😯 😉 It’s the ickle frames that looks the best, everytime, but please mamaD stop, you’re making me think that swapping my straight up diddy 456 for the SS version is something I should be doing…. arghh….

mamadirt
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmmm, I like 😀 . Feels pretty damn good with the forks at 120mm on the ‘down the street’ test. Just have to fettle the chain guide now then the woods are calling . . . I may be some considerable time . . .

Oh, cake was made by my son and his girlfriend for her sister’s birthday btw. I think the food colouring they used came with a warning printed on the bottle 😆 . Lovely though 😛

fenred
    Free Member

Good job, looks stunning…although cant help thinking it looks all 29er with that tiny frame 😀

flyingmonkeycorps

Dammit I want to ride my (slightly less tiny) bike!

RDL-82
    Free Member

Looking lovely ‘mama’

Take it, it’s a play bike you wanted then…interested in that chain device mashup you’ve created, what parts have you used?

Enjoy 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wooooo! Love it!! Very, very nice ride indeed . . . super comfy (bear in mind I’m more used to 7″, er, out back) and feels pretty much spot on at 120 on the road/climbing and 140ish offroad.

160mm really is super-slack but it passed the ‘dropping off the concrete slabs under the motor way bridge’ test with flying colours 😛

The chain guide is made from an old DMR Chain Reactor hinged clamp, spacer from the centre of a Blackspire roller, Superstar XCR spare top guide and sunken head allen bolt from mama’s bolt collection. It could do with being offset a little towards the front of the bike like the Superstar seat-tube mounted guide, but does the job just fine . . . and more importantly, quietly.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

mamadirt – Member
    (bear in mind I’m more used to 7″, er, out back

Wow, now theres an admission….

😈 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, it’s been several hours now, so I imagine she’s already stripped it down again and bunged it on Ebay….

GRAEMEJONES

Very nice, just needs some mud on it now 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Job done . . . too muddy for ebay now 😉

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘On-One 456 Summer v Cotic BFe’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM