Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • On-one price reduction, buying advice please!
  • DavidFelt
    Free Member

I'm just about to order my 456, but noticed they have changed the spec (FSA chainset and RS shocks) and knocked £100 off the price.

I need some advise before I pull the trigger though, do I get the new cheaper Trail, or save up a bit more and get the full XT (at 200 squids more)? And which of the two forks do I go for, the Rock Shox Revelation RLT 140 Suspension Fork With Poplock or the Rock Shox Revelation Race 2010 Dual Air 140?

Now the £200 dearer XT version will absolutely skint me, and cause some agro with the missus no doubt, but I'm sure I can find a way if you all tell me I would be stupid not to!

Struggling with the forks though, they are both the same price, so which is the better option?

Cheers guys, sorry if any of this is in any way 'noobish'!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Get the cheap one and get the dual air forks unless you really really need a remote lockout. I never used the poplock on my old recons unless i was going up a really big smooth hill so it just cluttered up the bars. I dont find it a chore to reach down to the top of the forks and lock out my Pikes.

FWIW my 456 is full Deore and its spot on.

DavidFelt
    Free Member

Thanks chap, if I can save some money then great, if Im not missing anything by not having the full xt kit then I'll def get the cheaper option!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

XT is a bit lighter and works a bit more crisply, but there's nowt at all wrong with Deore, it last ages if you look after it, and the fork advice above is sound. I'd save the £200 and go riding, myself! 🙂

RDL-82
    Free Member

agree with above, xt is lovely if you can justify it not sure about the forks tbh however i have pikes without poplock and never felt i needed it easy enough to bend down.

Got a 456 summer season with full xt in 18' if you want to try it first seeing as your only down the road

DavidFelt
    Free Member

Well I can always upgrade stuff later cant I, I'm thinking I may eventuall want just a double ring set up, and I love the look of Hope brakes, so I reckon Ill be tweaking stuff here and there anyway. Ill save my money for now and just get some miles done eh!

soobalias
    Free Member

dont bother with poploc

xt is not gonna feel 200notes better than deore..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘On-one price reduction, buying advice please!’ is closed to new replies.